Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, and the Industrial Development and Renovation Organization (IDRO) of Iran have announced new cooperation in potential JV to assemble Russian light civilian helicopters in Iran.
A memorandum of understanding was signed by Russian Helicopters CEO Andrey Boginsky and the chairman of the Board of Directors of IDRO Mansour Moazami. The document is aimed at promoting cooperation between Russia and Iran as part of the program on upgrading the Iranian helicopter fleet. Russian Helicopters said it also intends to explore potential for cooperation with IDRO to develop business in the Middle East.
“We see that the demand for light helicopters is high in Iran, and the country needs them for civilian agencies. The joint venture between Russia and Iran would consider assembling light Ka-226 or Ansat helicopters. Currently, negotiations on this issue are ongoing. The memorandum signed today implies that a fully-fledged cooperation agreement will be reached as soon as possible,” said Boginsky.
Today, Iran has over 50 helicopters that were manufactured in Russia. Iran’s demand for the Mi-17 helicopters is the highest. The country uses almost the whole range of helicopters of this type: Mi-17, Mi-171, Mi-171E, Mi-8MTV and Mi-17V-5s. These medium-class helicopters are used for law enforcement and to fight organized crime. Just as in other countries of the region, Russian helicopters in Iran have become known primarily as undemanding and reliable machines that allow to perform tasks in high temperatures and at high altitudes.
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T