A UF Health ShandsCair helicopter landed on the hospital’s helipad Tuesday afternoon marking Bay Medical Sacred Heart’s partnership with Shands and Med-Trans Corporation.
The helicopter will service Florida’s panhandle and help to cut down on the time trauma and cardiac patients have to wait to get the care needed.
It will be temporarily stationed at the Bay County Emergency Operations Center until a permanent building for it is finished on the north campus of Gulf Coast State College.
“Now what we’re going to be able to do is extend our reach so we can get patients here quickly, efficiently and safely. There’s a saying in cardiology and that’s that “time is tissue” and what that means is that every second counts for saving a patient’s life,” said Dr. Amir Haghighat, an interventional cardiologist at Bay Medical.
Bay Medical Sacred Heart is the area’s only level two trauma center. According to hospital officials, they hope the partnership will service not only Florida but eventually neighboring states as well.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%