Vector Aerospace, a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, continues to support the needs of Bell Huey helicopter operators worldwide with its UH-1H3 (“Hot, High, Heavy”) upgrade & modernization program. Developed as a cost-effective means of enhancing the performance of the enduring UH-1H platform, 1,500 of which remain in service worldwide, the UH-1H3 ‘Hot, High, Heavy’ upgrade offers operators a portfolio of technical solutions with which to customize the Huey to their specific requirements.
High performance tailboom, with upgraded upper longerons, improved skins, BLR FastFin® and dual strake system
Upgraded main rotor transmission, hub, swashplate assembly, stabilizer and blades
Upgraded main and tail rotor drive shaft and couplings
Upgraded tail rotor, tail rotor gearbox and push-pull tube control system
Airframe upgrade, including lift beam, main beam and cross tube tunnel
Honeywell T53-L-703 engine
Vector also offers a range of electrical and avionics upgrades to complement the UH-1H3 ‘Hot, High, Heavy’ upgrade, including complete airframe rewire, instrument panel modifications and three- or fourscreen glass cockpit avionics suites. Customers for the UH-1H3 upgrade include the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department (SBCSD), which operates the UH-1H in support of a wide range of missions across the San Bernardino Valley and San Bernardino Mountains, including search & rescue, fire suppression and homeland security.
Vector is proud to serve the SBCSD, and will be delivering an upgraded UH-1H3 – complete with Garmin GTN 650H GPS/nav/comms and GTX transponder, integrated to display TCAS, HTAWS and ADS-B – back to them this week to the support the Department’s missions. About San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department is a Southern California law enforcement agency.
The aviation division of SBCSD provides general law enforcement support, narcotics surveillance, personnel/cargo transport, airborne photography, search and rescue/recovery, multi-agency pursuit coordination, wildland fire suppression and emergency medical services transport.
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF
- Pakistan continues helicopter fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s