Curtiss-Wright’s Defense Solutions division today announced that it was selected by Bell Helicopter Textron Canada Limited to provide its cockpit voice and flight recorder technology to upgrade the cockpit electronics in the Canadian Armed Forces’ fleet of Bell CH-146 Griffon multi-role utility helicopters. Under the agreement, Curtiss-Wright will provide Bell Helicopter Textron Canada with a cockpit voice and flight recorder subsystem, comprising its Fortress 757 Flight Recorder and a Cockpit Area Microphone. The initial contract, which began in mid-2016, runs through to mid-2018 and is valued at $1.88 million. Shipments begin in May 2017.
“Curtiss-Wright is proud to provide our industry leading cockpit voice and data recording technology for use on this important upgrade program for the Canadian Armed Forces,” said Lynn Bamford, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Defense Solutions division. “This contract represents the first design win for our new ultra-lightweight Fortress family of data recorders and continues our contribution to the CH-146 platform.”
The CH-146, a variant of the Bell 412EP Huey family of rotorcraft, is designed by Bell Helicopter Textron for the Canadian Armed Forces. The Fortress 757 provides the CH-146 with an updated flight recorder platform ready to meet current regulations. It also supports future expansion to support an optional Health and Usage Monitoring System.
Curtiss-Wright will manufacture the products covered by this agreement at its facility in Christchurch, Dorset, UK. The products will be shipped to Bell Helicopter Textron Canada, Mirabel, Quebec, Canada.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded