Columbia Helicopters, Inc. has announced that it has received a 2016 Boeing Performance Excellence Award for its CH-47 Chinook transmission repair efforts. The Boeing Company issues the award annually to recognize suppliers who have achieved superior performance.
Portland, Oregon-based Columbia Helicopters received the award for maintaining a Gold performance rating for each month of the 12-month performance period, from October 1, 2015, to September 30, 2016.
Boeing has more than 13,000 suppliers worldwide. This year, Boeing recognized 480 suppliers who achieved either a Gold or Silver level Boeing Performance Excellence Award. Columbia Helicopters is one of only 78 suppliers to receive the Gold level of recognition and has maintained a Gold or Silver rating for over three years.
“This award is the result of the diligent efforts by a dedicated group of Columbia Helicopters team members who have provided quality and schedule performance to Boeing over the past year,” said Jim Rankin, CEO and president of Columbia Helicopters.
“I’m extremely proud of our team for earning this top honor and the positive light this award shines on our company,” he added. In addition to its growing maintenance, repair and overhaul business, Columbia Helicopters, which prides itself on its safety focus and proven experience in aviation, is a global leader in heavy-lift helicopter operations, specializing in deploying its tandem-rotor fleet for a wide range of construction, firefighting and military operations around the world.
Company representatives are attending the Special Operations Forces Industry Conference (SOFIC) this week in Tampa, Fla. Visit them in Exhibit 1826.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad