Columbia Helicopters, Inc. has announced that it has received a 2016 Boeing Performance Excellence Award for its CH-47 Chinook transmission repair efforts. The Boeing Company issues the award annually to recognize suppliers who have achieved superior performance.
Portland, Oregon-based Columbia Helicopters received the award for maintaining a Gold performance rating for each month of the 12-month performance period, from October 1, 2015, to September 30, 2016.
Boeing has more than 13,000 suppliers worldwide. This year, Boeing recognized 480 suppliers who achieved either a Gold or Silver level Boeing Performance Excellence Award. Columbia Helicopters is one of only 78 suppliers to receive the Gold level of recognition and has maintained a Gold or Silver rating for over three years.
“This award is the result of the diligent efforts by a dedicated group of Columbia Helicopters team members who have provided quality and schedule performance to Boeing over the past year,” said Jim Rankin, CEO and president of Columbia Helicopters.
“I’m extremely proud of our team for earning this top honor and the positive light this award shines on our company,” he added. In addition to its growing maintenance, repair and overhaul business, Columbia Helicopters, which prides itself on its safety focus and proven experience in aviation, is a global leader in heavy-lift helicopter operations, specializing in deploying its tandem-rotor fleet for a wide range of construction, firefighting and military operations around the world.
Company representatives are attending the Special Operations Forces Industry Conference (SOFIC) this week in Tampa, Fla. Visit them in Exhibit 1826.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded