Columbia Helicopters, Inc. has announced that it has received a 2016 Boeing Performance Excellence Award for its CH-47 Chinook transmission repair efforts. The Boeing Company issues the award annually to recognize suppliers who have achieved superior performance.
Portland, Oregon-based Columbia Helicopters received the award for maintaining a Gold performance rating for each month of the 12-month performance period, from October 1, 2015, to September 30, 2016.
Boeing has more than 13,000 suppliers worldwide. This year, Boeing recognized 480 suppliers who achieved either a Gold or Silver level Boeing Performance Excellence Award. Columbia Helicopters is one of only 78 suppliers to receive the Gold level of recognition and has maintained a Gold or Silver rating for over three years.
“This award is the result of the diligent efforts by a dedicated group of Columbia Helicopters team members who have provided quality and schedule performance to Boeing over the past year,” said Jim Rankin, CEO and president of Columbia Helicopters.
“I’m extremely proud of our team for earning this top honor and the positive light this award shines on our company,” he added. In addition to its growing maintenance, repair and overhaul business, Columbia Helicopters, which prides itself on its safety focus and proven experience in aviation, is a global leader in heavy-lift helicopter operations, specializing in deploying its tandem-rotor fleet for a wide range of construction, firefighting and military operations around the world.
Company representatives are attending the Special Operations Forces Industry Conference (SOFIC) this week in Tampa, Fla. Visit them in Exhibit 1826.
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case