Columbia Helicopters, Inc. has announced that it has received a 2016 Boeing Performance Excellence Award for its CH-47 Chinook transmission repair efforts. The Boeing Company issues the award annually to recognize suppliers who have achieved superior performance.
Portland, Oregon-based Columbia Helicopters received the award for maintaining a Gold performance rating for each month of the 12-month performance period, from October 1, 2015, to September 30, 2016.
Boeing has more than 13,000 suppliers worldwide. This year, Boeing recognized 480 suppliers who achieved either a Gold or Silver level Boeing Performance Excellence Award. Columbia Helicopters is one of only 78 suppliers to receive the Gold level of recognition and has maintained a Gold or Silver rating for over three years.
“This award is the result of the diligent efforts by a dedicated group of Columbia Helicopters team members who have provided quality and schedule performance to Boeing over the past year,” said Jim Rankin, CEO and president of Columbia Helicopters.
“I’m extremely proud of our team for earning this top honor and the positive light this award shines on our company,” he added. In addition to its growing maintenance, repair and overhaul business, Columbia Helicopters, which prides itself on its safety focus and proven experience in aviation, is a global leader in heavy-lift helicopter operations, specializing in deploying its tandem-rotor fleet for a wide range of construction, firefighting and military operations around the world.
Company representatives are attending the Special Operations Forces Industry Conference (SOFIC) this week in Tampa, Fla. Visit them in Exhibit 1826.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%