Columbia Helicopters, Inc. has announced that it has received a 2016 Boeing Performance Excellence Award for its CH-47 Chinook transmission repair efforts. The Boeing Company issues the award annually to recognize suppliers who have achieved superior performance.
Portland, Oregon-based Columbia Helicopters received the award for maintaining a Gold performance rating for each month of the 12-month performance period, from October 1, 2015, to September 30, 2016.
Boeing has more than 13,000 suppliers worldwide. This year, Boeing recognized 480 suppliers who achieved either a Gold or Silver level Boeing Performance Excellence Award. Columbia Helicopters is one of only 78 suppliers to receive the Gold level of recognition and has maintained a Gold or Silver rating for over three years.
“This award is the result of the diligent efforts by a dedicated group of Columbia Helicopters team members who have provided quality and schedule performance to Boeing over the past year,” said Jim Rankin, CEO and president of Columbia Helicopters.
“I’m extremely proud of our team for earning this top honor and the positive light this award shines on our company,” he added. In addition to its growing maintenance, repair and overhaul business, Columbia Helicopters, which prides itself on its safety focus and proven experience in aviation, is a global leader in heavy-lift helicopter operations, specializing in deploying its tandem-rotor fleet for a wide range of construction, firefighting and military operations around the world.
Company representatives are attending the Special Operations Forces Industry Conference (SOFIC) this week in Tampa, Fla. Visit them in Exhibit 1826.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin