Vector Aerospace Corporation (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has recently commenced a contract with the Pakistan Navy for the return to service of three Leonardo Helicopters (ex-Westland) Sea Kings at its Fleetlands facility in Gosport, Hampshire, UK. Work on the contract is being performed by Vector’s UK-based Aviation Services team, previously responsible for depth maintenance of the UK Ministry of Defence’s Sea King helicopter fleet.
A total of seven former UK MoD Sea King aircraft have been acquired by the Pakistan Navy under a separate contract last signed last year. The ceremony for the formal handover of the aircraft from UK MoD’s Disposal Services Authority (DSA) to the Pakistan Navy, held at Fleetlands on May 24th, was attended by the Pakistan High Commissioner to the UK, Syed Ibne Abbas, and Bob Richardson from the DSA. The maintenance programme for the Sea Kings has now commenced, with the completed aircraft due to be shipped to Pakistan later this year.
Speaking after the formal handover ceremony, Owen McClave, Managing Director for Vector Aerospace UK, said: “Vector has a long history of supporting the Sea King fleet, and we are delighted that this significant programme to refurbish these aircraft for return to service has now started. We are very proud of the responsive maintenance support provided by our skilled associates here at Fleetlands, and we look forward to seeing these aircraft back in service with their new owner later in the year.”
Vector Aerospace continues to work closely with the UK MoD and Leonardo on Sea King and Lynx programmes in support of a number of international military operators.
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices