Sea King helicopters purchased from the UK, were formally handed over to Pakistan Navy on 24 May 2017, in a ceremony attended by H.E. Syed Ibne Abbas, Pakistan High Commissioner to the UK.
Mr Christopher Bob Richardson represented the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) in the formal handing over ceremony. Contract for purchase of seven (07) helicopters was signed last year. A separate contract was signed with M/s Vector Aerospace for maintenance of the aircraft before being shipped to Pakistan later this year.
The High Commissioner lauded the historic relationship between the Armed Forces of Pakistan and the United Kingdom and the role played by the UK in capacity building of Pakistan Armed Forces both in terms of equipment support and training. He thanked the representatives of the UK MoD, Leonardo and M/s Vector Aerospace for their support in making this project a success and hoped that the cooperation between the two Armed Forces would continue to grow in future.
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T