Sea King helicopters purchased from the UK, were formally handed over to Pakistan Navy on 24 May 2017, in a ceremony attended by H.E. Syed Ibne Abbas, Pakistan High Commissioner to the UK.
Mr Christopher Bob Richardson represented the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) in the formal handing over ceremony. Contract for purchase of seven (07) helicopters was signed last year. A separate contract was signed with M/s Vector Aerospace for maintenance of the aircraft before being shipped to Pakistan later this year.
The High Commissioner lauded the historic relationship between the Armed Forces of Pakistan and the United Kingdom and the role played by the UK in capacity building of Pakistan Armed Forces both in terms of equipment support and training. He thanked the representatives of the UK MoD, Leonardo and M/s Vector Aerospace for their support in making this project a success and hoped that the cooperation between the two Armed Forces would continue to grow in future.
- Prabhu Helicopter adds new Robinson R66 chopper to its fleet
- MD Helicopters building fifth MD520N in eight years
- ALEA Releases Standards for Public Safety sUAS Programs
- HeliOffshore updates HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Russian Helicopters working on new Mi-26 upgrade
- LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. and Enstrom Helicopter sign Contract
- First Mi-28UB helicopters ready to be transferred
- First helicopter deck landing for RFA Tidespring
- Further speakers announced for UK EMS conference
- Russian Helicopter hold promotional event in Mexico
- FlightSafety promotes Scott Goodwin
- XTI reports more orders for VTOL TriFan 600 from NBAA Conference
- Trakka Systems announces EASA certification for B212 and B412
- Safran appoints Executive Vice-President of Operations
- Former Sikorsky and Schweizer facility close to being sold
- Philippine telecom company commercialises flight dept
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs