Sea King helicopters purchased from the UK, were formally handed over to Pakistan Navy on 24 May 2017, in a ceremony attended by H.E. Syed Ibne Abbas, Pakistan High Commissioner to the UK.
Mr Christopher Bob Richardson represented the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) in the formal handing over ceremony. Contract for purchase of seven (07) helicopters was signed last year. A separate contract was signed with M/s Vector Aerospace for maintenance of the aircraft before being shipped to Pakistan later this year.
The High Commissioner lauded the historic relationship between the Armed Forces of Pakistan and the United Kingdom and the role played by the UK in capacity building of Pakistan Armed Forces both in terms of equipment support and training. He thanked the representatives of the UK MoD, Leonardo and M/s Vector Aerospace for their support in making this project a success and hoped that the cooperation between the two Armed Forces would continue to grow in future.
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries