Sea King helicopters purchased from the UK, were formally handed over to Pakistan Navy on 24 May 2017, in a ceremony attended by H.E. Syed Ibne Abbas, Pakistan High Commissioner to the UK.
Mr Christopher Bob Richardson represented the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) in the formal handing over ceremony. Contract for purchase of seven (07) helicopters was signed last year. A separate contract was signed with M/s Vector Aerospace for maintenance of the aircraft before being shipped to Pakistan later this year.
The High Commissioner lauded the historic relationship between the Armed Forces of Pakistan and the United Kingdom and the role played by the UK in capacity building of Pakistan Armed Forces both in terms of equipment support and training. He thanked the representatives of the UK MoD, Leonardo and M/s Vector Aerospace for their support in making this project a success and hoped that the cooperation between the two Armed Forces would continue to grow in future.
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System
- Manang Air successfully completes CAAN Approved Training Organization Audit-2018
- FAA proposes closing HIWAS weather advisory
- VRT500 passed first stage of aerodynamic tests
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved