The GrandNew light twin helicopter expands in the Republic of Koreawith the order of three units by HeliKorea for Emergency Medical Service. The order is a testament to the success of the type as the benchmark light twin EMS helicopter on the market. The first two helicopters will be delivered at the end of 2017 while the third will be added to the fleet in 2018. These aircraft will join two AW169s ordered by HeliKorea in 2016 for EMS missions. With these deliveries, the entirety of the EMS fleet in South Korea will consist of Leonardo helicopters as of January 2018.
Helikorea Co., Ltd. is the biggest helicopter air transportation service provider in South Korea, operating a total of 26 helicopters. It offers offshore transportation with Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC), Emergency Medical Service with National Medical Center, cargo support and firefighting services to fight mountain forest fires. Helikorea Co., Ltd. was founded in 1996 and is based in Daejeon, South Korea with additional offices in Seoul and Kimpo.
In the Republic of Korea, Leonardo has experienced an expansion of its market presence with over 50 helicopters of various types in service or on order in military, parapublic and commercial roles ranging from naval applications, search and rescue, law enforcement, firefighting and VIP/corporate transportation.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills