The GrandNew light twin helicopter expands in the Republic of Koreawith the order of three units by HeliKorea for Emergency Medical Service. The order is a testament to the success of the type as the benchmark light twin EMS helicopter on the market. The first two helicopters will be delivered at the end of 2017 while the third will be added to the fleet in 2018. These aircraft will join two AW169s ordered by HeliKorea in 2016 for EMS missions. With these deliveries, the entirety of the EMS fleet in South Korea will consist of Leonardo helicopters as of January 2018.
Helikorea Co., Ltd. is the biggest helicopter air transportation service provider in South Korea, operating a total of 26 helicopters. It offers offshore transportation with Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC), Emergency Medical Service with National Medical Center, cargo support and firefighting services to fight mountain forest fires. Helikorea Co., Ltd. was founded in 1996 and is based in Daejeon, South Korea with additional offices in Seoul and Kimpo.
In the Republic of Korea, Leonardo has experienced an expansion of its market presence with over 50 helicopters of various types in service or on order in military, parapublic and commercial roles ranging from naval applications, search and rescue, law enforcement, firefighting and VIP/corporate transportation.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd