The GrandNew light twin helicopter expands in the Republic of Koreawith the order of three units by HeliKorea for Emergency Medical Service. The order is a testament to the success of the type as the benchmark light twin EMS helicopter on the market. The first two helicopters will be delivered at the end of 2017 while the third will be added to the fleet in 2018. These aircraft will join two AW169s ordered by HeliKorea in 2016 for EMS missions. With these deliveries, the entirety of the EMS fleet in South Korea will consist of Leonardo helicopters as of January 2018.
Helikorea Co., Ltd. is the biggest helicopter air transportation service provider in South Korea, operating a total of 26 helicopters. It offers offshore transportation with Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC), Emergency Medical Service with National Medical Center, cargo support and firefighting services to fight mountain forest fires. Helikorea Co., Ltd. was founded in 1996 and is based in Daejeon, South Korea with additional offices in Seoul and Kimpo.
In the Republic of Korea, Leonardo has experienced an expansion of its market presence with over 50 helicopters of various types in service or on order in military, parapublic and commercial roles ranging from naval applications, search and rescue, law enforcement, firefighting and VIP/corporate transportation.
- Volocopter to carry out test flights in Dubai in Q4
- FAA employee union opposes ATC privatisation
- Airbus reveals Racer demonstrator developed from X3
- Marenco adds non-executive Director
- Airbus picks Salesforce CRM software
- CHC Announces New Contract with Quadrant Energy
- Spectrum Health celebrates 30 years of Aero Med
- Manatee County Sheriff bids for new helicopter
- Idaho operator Timberline Helicopters moving to new base
- Mount Isa EMS helicopter updated from B230 to BK117
- India moves more armed helicopters to Chinese border
- Safran and Thai Aviation Industries to support Royal Thai Armed Forces
- SaxonAir adds two AW109SP GrandNew helicopters to charter fleet
- Japan Coast Guard orders three more H225s
- Bristow Group To Present At The 2017 J.P. Morgan Energy Equity Conference
- TAI Reveals the New T625 Mutli-Role
- CAMCOPTER® S-100 completes successful qualification flights for French Navy
- Foreign Pilots to follow new Malaysian Safety Measures
- Poison risk at Alaska helipad
- Conservationists oppose Alberta helipad for mountain tours