The GrandNew light twin helicopter expands in the Republic of Koreawith the order of three units by HeliKorea for Emergency Medical Service. The order is a testament to the success of the type as the benchmark light twin EMS helicopter on the market. The first two helicopters will be delivered at the end of 2017 while the third will be added to the fleet in 2018. These aircraft will join two AW169s ordered by HeliKorea in 2016 for EMS missions. With these deliveries, the entirety of the EMS fleet in South Korea will consist of Leonardo helicopters as of January 2018.
Helikorea Co., Ltd. is the biggest helicopter air transportation service provider in South Korea, operating a total of 26 helicopters. It offers offshore transportation with Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC), Emergency Medical Service with National Medical Center, cargo support and firefighting services to fight mountain forest fires. Helikorea Co., Ltd. was founded in 1996 and is based in Daejeon, South Korea with additional offices in Seoul and Kimpo.
In the Republic of Korea, Leonardo has experienced an expansion of its market presence with over 50 helicopters of various types in service or on order in military, parapublic and commercial roles ranging from naval applications, search and rescue, law enforcement, firefighting and VIP/corporate transportation.
- Nepal Army decommissioning its two Alouette III series helicopters
- Saudi Arabia – Continuation of Maintenance Support Services (MSS)
- Marine Corps Plans to add Weaponry to V-22 Fleet
- Bell Boeing awarded $103M contract for V-22 Part Repairs
- Airbus awarded $117M contract for procurement of 16 UH-72A aircraft
- Genesys Aerosystems Delivers over 1,000 HeliSAS Systems
- Elbit wins approval to acquire Universal Avionics
- JETNET celebrates 30 years in business
- 2018 MTLI Scholarship Winners
- Librestream Powers New Remote Assistance Service from Safran
- HeliRussia 2018 features a variety of MRO companies
- DART chooses Drallim Industries as Repair & Overhaul facility
- Spectrum Aeromed Completes Production Amendment
- AUTOFLUG releases new options for passenger transport
- Metro continues to improve the MetroAlert app
- DynaVibe Track and Balance System gains Robinson acceptance
- HeliRussia and Show Observer renew partnership
- AHS Announces 2018 Group Award Winners
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad