The Maldives Civil Aviation Authority has appointed the UK Civil Aviation Authority (UK CAA) to provide an in-depth review of Maldives CAA’s helicopter regulatory oversight capability.
In December 2016, the Maldives government revealed their intentions to re-introduce commercial helicopter operations in the archipelago, more than 15 years since the island nation ceased using helicopters. The new helicopter operations could provide a significant boost for the tourism industry and provide transportation links to several new island resorts.
Building on a long-standing relationship with the UK CAA, Maldives CAA is eager to work with a fellow aviation regulator to assess Maldives CAA’s oversight capability and provide recommendations to enable effective safety oversight.
Led by UK CAA flight operations specialists, the project will include a full helicopter operations risk assessment. UK CAA experts will support MCAA and AOC Accountable Managers to establish the intentions of the operations and recommend how these operations can be achieved safely. The project will also involve an offshore helideck review, to provide a complete “risk picture” of future helicopter operations.
This study will play an important role in ensuring that MCAA has a sound regulatory framework in place and the necessary technical capability to oversee commercial rotary flight operations in accordance with international standards.
The project is expected to commence in June 2017.
- Prabhu Helicopter adds new Robinson R66 chopper to its fleet
- MD Helicopters building fifth MD520N in eight years
- ALEA Releases Standards for Public Safety sUAS Programs
- HeliOffshore updates HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Russian Helicopters working on new Mi-26 upgrade
- LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. and Enstrom Helicopter sign Contract
- First Mi-28UB helicopters ready to be transferred
- First helicopter deck landing for RFA Tidespring
- Further speakers announced for UK EMS conference
- Russian Helicopter hold promotional event in Mexico
- FlightSafety promotes Scott Goodwin
- XTI reports more orders for VTOL TriFan 600 from NBAA Conference
- Trakka Systems announces EASA certification for B212 and B412
- Safran appoints Executive Vice-President of Operations
- Former Sikorsky and Schweizer facility close to being sold
- Philippine telecom company commercialises flight dept
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs