The Maldives Civil Aviation Authority has appointed the UK Civil Aviation Authority (UK CAA) to provide an in-depth review of Maldives CAA’s helicopter regulatory oversight capability.
In December 2016, the Maldives government revealed their intentions to re-introduce commercial helicopter operations in the archipelago, more than 15 years since the island nation ceased using helicopters. The new helicopter operations could provide a significant boost for the tourism industry and provide transportation links to several new island resorts.
Building on a long-standing relationship with the UK CAA, Maldives CAA is eager to work with a fellow aviation regulator to assess Maldives CAA’s oversight capability and provide recommendations to enable effective safety oversight.
Led by UK CAA flight operations specialists, the project will include a full helicopter operations risk assessment. UK CAA experts will support MCAA and AOC Accountable Managers to establish the intentions of the operations and recommend how these operations can be achieved safely. The project will also involve an offshore helideck review, to provide a complete “risk picture” of future helicopter operations.
This study will play an important role in ensuring that MCAA has a sound regulatory framework in place and the necessary technical capability to oversee commercial rotary flight operations in accordance with international standards.
The project is expected to commence in June 2017.
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T