Rostec may sign the contract with the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) for the Advanced Heavy Lifter (AHL), a heavy-lift helicopter to be developed jointly by Russia and China, before the end of this year. This was announced by Victor Kladov, Director for International Cooperation and Regional Policy of Rostec, at the Fourth China-Russia Expo in Harbin (China).
“Negotiations on the conceptual model and configuration have been completed. At present, the draft contract between the parties is being prepared. We hope to sign the contract before the end of the year,” stated Mr. Kladov. “Russian Helicopters, our subsidiary, is actively negotiating with our Chinese partners in this regard.”
The AHL is being developed jointly by Russian Helicopters and Avicopter, a Chinese company forming part of the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC). It is expected that the maximum takeoff weight of the aircraft will total 38.2 tons, while its service ceiling will total 5,700 meters.
The helicopter will have a range of up to 630 kilometers, while its maximum speed will amount to 300 kph. The AHL’s payload inside the cabin will total 10 tons, while its external payload will total up to 15 tons.
- Terma Survivability Equipment installed on Dutch NH90
- 17 more Leonardo helicopters for China
- Tokyo Police becomes first Japanese H215 operator
- Bell awarded $27M contract for Production and Delivery of 4 Bell 412EP helicopters
- Bell awarded $147M contract for the repair of 35 items on UH-1Y and AH-IZ
- Petronas cancels MHS EC225 contract citing safety concerns
- New Helipad for San Antonio hospital
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- Safran Ardiden 3G obtains EASA type certification
- VSR700 demonstrator performs first autonomous flights
- Spirit starts assembly on the next CH-53K
- Astronautics to Provide Connectivity Solution for Airbus
- Russian Helicopters at Paris Air Show 2017
- HAI Heli-Expo 2018 Application for Space Available
- Mumbai to use UAVs to monitor illegal construction work
- United Arab Emirates Begins Unmanned Ka-226T Production
- Egypt to Sign for Ka-52K Katrans
- Airbus signs its first HCare Smart contract with Fishtail Air
- Era Group Appoints Jennifer Whalen as Acting Chief Financial Officer