Rostec may sign the contract with the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) for the Advanced Heavy Lifter (AHL), a heavy-lift helicopter to be developed jointly by Russia and China, before the end of this year. This was announced by Victor Kladov, Director for International Cooperation and Regional Policy of Rostec, at the Fourth China-Russia Expo in Harbin (China).
“Negotiations on the conceptual model and configuration have been completed. At present, the draft contract between the parties is being prepared. We hope to sign the contract before the end of the year,” stated Mr. Kladov. “Russian Helicopters, our subsidiary, is actively negotiating with our Chinese partners in this regard.”
The AHL is being developed jointly by Russian Helicopters and Avicopter, a Chinese company forming part of the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC). It is expected that the maximum takeoff weight of the aircraft will total 38.2 tons, while its service ceiling will total 5,700 meters.
The helicopter will have a range of up to 630 kilometers, while its maximum speed will amount to 300 kph. The AHL’s payload inside the cabin will total 10 tons, while its external payload will total up to 15 tons.
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight
- Airbus to offer H135 to U.S. Navy
- Honeywell Introduces New Flight Data Monitoring App
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Coptersafety appoints Head of Development and Test Pilot
- NASA to Send Helicopter to Mars
- Sikorsky Begins Deliveries to the U.S. Marine Corps
- Reignwood Star to receive Rolls-Royce M250 and RR300 Support from StandardAero
- Medical Lead for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Appointed
- HeliOffshore 2018 Conference Proceedings
- Whirly-Girls Mid-Year Scholarship Cycle Enters Last Week
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Aeromedical Conference confirm speakers
- Bell 505 receives certification in China
- Bell Boeing JPO awarded $25M contract for V-22 Spares
- Helicentre 2019 Scholarship Programme Now Open
- HAI Matt Zuccaro testifies before Senate committee on UAS integration
- 2018 SMTA Scholarship Winners
- Coast Guard Cadets Redesign Helicopter Rescue Basket