FAA has issued an STC for the DART R66 Heli-Utility-Basket™ as a validation of the previously issued Transport Canada approval.
“The R66 Helicopter Utility-Basket from DART Aerospace has added great operational flexibility to Valley B Aviation’s Robinson R66 aircraft. The initial installation of the provisions was seamless and straight forward, and the field installation is quick and simple. The Basket allows us to offer more value to our customers, and expands the scope of projects to which we are able to offer our R66 aircraft.”
Tye Neufeld, Base Manager at Valley B Aviation
Installation of the DART basket adds many new capabilities to the R66 and features:
- Weight capacity up to 175 lbs
- Length capacity up to 76”
- Split lid for versatility of cargo
- Toolless basket removal
- No VNE restriction with basket installed
- Lid doubles as a step for refueling
This product complements a multitude of R66 products that DART has also developed to configure R66 aircraft for any type of flight mission. These include the cargo mirror installation, industry standard DART bearpaws, interior protector kits, primary cargo hook, remote cargo hooks and accessories.
The DART Heli-Utility-Basket™ is the first R66 cargo expansion solution on the market and is already seeing a lot of interest. For any Robinson fan, this TCCA and FAA certified basket is perfect for carrying golfing gear, skis and snowboards, hunting equipment, tools and so much more.
DART is a leading basket manufacturer, having produced a great variety of baskets, designed for over 10 different aircraft types. What’s more? The company will have more on the way soon enough.
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018
- Airbus showcases EMS capabilities at Helitech 2018
- CareFlight Celebrates 35th Anniversary