FAA has issued an STC for the DART R66 Heli-Utility-Basket™ as a validation of the previously issued Transport Canada approval.
“The R66 Helicopter Utility-Basket from DART Aerospace has added great operational flexibility to Valley B Aviation’s Robinson R66 aircraft. The initial installation of the provisions was seamless and straight forward, and the field installation is quick and simple. The Basket allows us to offer more value to our customers, and expands the scope of projects to which we are able to offer our R66 aircraft.”
Tye Neufeld, Base Manager at Valley B Aviation
Installation of the DART basket adds many new capabilities to the R66 and features:
- Weight capacity up to 175 lbs
- Length capacity up to 76”
- Split lid for versatility of cargo
- Toolless basket removal
- No VNE restriction with basket installed
- Lid doubles as a step for refueling
This product complements a multitude of R66 products that DART has also developed to configure R66 aircraft for any type of flight mission. These include the cargo mirror installation, industry standard DART bearpaws, interior protector kits, primary cargo hook, remote cargo hooks and accessories.
The DART Heli-Utility-Basket™ is the first R66 cargo expansion solution on the market and is already seeing a lot of interest. For any Robinson fan, this TCCA and FAA certified basket is perfect for carrying golfing gear, skis and snowboards, hunting equipment, tools and so much more.
DART is a leading basket manufacturer, having produced a great variety of baskets, designed for over 10 different aircraft types. What’s more? The company will have more on the way soon enough.
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Helijet Appoints New Rotary Wing Chief & Assistant Chief Pilots
- Forecast for helicopter seating market released
- Exercise Stealth Guardian enhances rescue capabilities in multiple environments
- The American Helicopter Museum will celebrate World Helicopter Day
- HNZ Group Reports FY2017 Q2 Results
- DART promotes Cable Cutter System
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017