FAA has issued an STC for the DART R66 Heli-Utility-Basket™ as a validation of the previously issued Transport Canada approval.
“The R66 Helicopter Utility-Basket from DART Aerospace has added great operational flexibility to Valley B Aviation’s Robinson R66 aircraft. The initial installation of the provisions was seamless and straight forward, and the field installation is quick and simple. The Basket allows us to offer more value to our customers, and expands the scope of projects to which we are able to offer our R66 aircraft.”
Tye Neufeld, Base Manager at Valley B Aviation
Installation of the DART basket adds many new capabilities to the R66 and features:
- Weight capacity up to 175 lbs
- Length capacity up to 76”
- Split lid for versatility of cargo
- Toolless basket removal
- No VNE restriction with basket installed
- Lid doubles as a step for refueling
This product complements a multitude of R66 products that DART has also developed to configure R66 aircraft for any type of flight mission. These include the cargo mirror installation, industry standard DART bearpaws, interior protector kits, primary cargo hook, remote cargo hooks and accessories.
The DART Heli-Utility-Basket™ is the first R66 cargo expansion solution on the market and is already seeing a lot of interest. For any Robinson fan, this TCCA and FAA certified basket is perfect for carrying golfing gear, skis and snowboards, hunting equipment, tools and so much more.
DART is a leading basket manufacturer, having produced a great variety of baskets, designed for over 10 different aircraft types. What’s more? The company will have more on the way soon enough.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills