FAA has issued an STC for the DART R66 Heli-Utility-Basket™ as a validation of the previously issued Transport Canada approval.
“The R66 Helicopter Utility-Basket from DART Aerospace has added great operational flexibility to Valley B Aviation’s Robinson R66 aircraft. The initial installation of the provisions was seamless and straight forward, and the field installation is quick and simple. The Basket allows us to offer more value to our customers, and expands the scope of projects to which we are able to offer our R66 aircraft.”
Tye Neufeld, Base Manager at Valley B Aviation
Installation of the DART basket adds many new capabilities to the R66 and features:
- Weight capacity up to 175 lbs
- Length capacity up to 76”
- Split lid for versatility of cargo
- Toolless basket removal
- No VNE restriction with basket installed
- Lid doubles as a step for refueling
This product complements a multitude of R66 products that DART has also developed to configure R66 aircraft for any type of flight mission. These include the cargo mirror installation, industry standard DART bearpaws, interior protector kits, primary cargo hook, remote cargo hooks and accessories.
The DART Heli-Utility-Basket™ is the first R66 cargo expansion solution on the market and is already seeing a lot of interest. For any Robinson fan, this TCCA and FAA certified basket is perfect for carrying golfing gear, skis and snowboards, hunting equipment, tools and so much more.
DART is a leading basket manufacturer, having produced a great variety of baskets, designed for over 10 different aircraft types. What’s more? The company will have more on the way soon enough.
- Hinks Awarded Patent for Negative Spring Compensation
- VHA Receives FAA STC for 206L LongRanger Main Blades
- Boeing completes autonomous synchronised flight tests
- FAA Approves Robinson R66 Cargo Hook
- Rotortrade partners with Gualter Helicopter Brazil
- CHC Brasil Holds Regional Safety and Quality Summit in Rio de Janeiro
- DART launches its new H130/EC130 Cable Cutter System
- Devon Air Ambulance buy Airbus H145
- Flight Safety Dept. conducts meeting on safety enhancement of helicopter operation
- Workhorse brings two-person SureFly octocopter to Manhattan public
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident