FAA has issued an STC for the DART R66 Heli-Utility-Basket™ as a validation of the previously issued Transport Canada approval.
“The R66 Helicopter Utility-Basket from DART Aerospace has added great operational flexibility to Valley B Aviation’s Robinson R66 aircraft. The initial installation of the provisions was seamless and straight forward, and the field installation is quick and simple. The Basket allows us to offer more value to our customers, and expands the scope of projects to which we are able to offer our R66 aircraft.”
Tye Neufeld, Base Manager at Valley B Aviation
Installation of the DART basket adds many new capabilities to the R66 and features:
- Weight capacity up to 175 lbs
- Length capacity up to 76”
- Split lid for versatility of cargo
- Toolless basket removal
- No VNE restriction with basket installed
- Lid doubles as a step for refueling
This product complements a multitude of R66 products that DART has also developed to configure R66 aircraft for any type of flight mission. These include the cargo mirror installation, industry standard DART bearpaws, interior protector kits, primary cargo hook, remote cargo hooks and accessories.
The DART Heli-Utility-Basket™ is the first R66 cargo expansion solution on the market and is already seeing a lot of interest. For any Robinson fan, this TCCA and FAA certified basket is perfect for carrying golfing gear, skis and snowboards, hunting equipment, tools and so much more.
DART is a leading basket manufacturer, having produced a great variety of baskets, designed for over 10 different aircraft types. What’s more? The company will have more on the way soon enough.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded