Vector Aerospace Corporation, a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, , has received a 2016 Boeing Performance Excellence Award for its support of the Chinook heavy-lift helicopter. Boeing issues the award annually to recognize top-performing suppliers who share its focus on first-time quality and on-time delivery.
Vector’s component services team, based in Almondbank, Perth, received the award for maintaining a Gold performance rating for each month of the one-year performance period, from October 1st, 2015, to September 30th, 2016.
Owen McClave, Managing Director for Vector Aerospace UK said, “We are honored to be formally recognised by Boeing, the world’s largest aerospace company, for our efforts in supporting the Chinook platform. Our facilities have been supporting the UK Royal Air Force’s Chinook operations for 35 years, including 11 years as a subcontractor to Boeing on the Through Life Customer Support contract, and we also serve a number of major international Chinook operators on a subcontract basis. We are proud to have met Boeing’s expectations on a program that is today the focus of our operations, and look forward to continuing our close partnership with Boeing for decades to come.”
Boeing this year recognized 480 of its 13,000 global suppliers with a Gold- or Silver-level Performance Excellence Award, Vector being one of only 78 suppliers to receive the Gold level of recognition.
Vector’s UK-based Chinook support teams had previously received Boeing Gold Performance Excellence Award recognition in 2014, 2010 and 2009. In 2011, Vector was recognized as Boeing’s Supplier of the Year in the Alliance Award Category.
Vector is proud to support Boeing and its end customer, the UK Ministry of Defence, as a subcontractor on the 34-year Chinook Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) contract. Vector provides airframe, avionics and component support for the Royal Air Force’s fleet of sixty Chinook heavy-lift helicopters from its facilities in Fleetlands, Gosport and Almondbank, Perth.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023