Vector Aerospace Corporation, a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, , has received a 2016 Boeing Performance Excellence Award for its support of the Chinook heavy-lift helicopter. Boeing issues the award annually to recognize top-performing suppliers who share its focus on first-time quality and on-time delivery.
Vector’s component services team, based in Almondbank, Perth, received the award for maintaining a Gold performance rating for each month of the one-year performance period, from October 1st, 2015, to September 30th, 2016.
Owen McClave, Managing Director for Vector Aerospace UK said, “We are honored to be formally recognised by Boeing, the world’s largest aerospace company, for our efforts in supporting the Chinook platform. Our facilities have been supporting the UK Royal Air Force’s Chinook operations for 35 years, including 11 years as a subcontractor to Boeing on the Through Life Customer Support contract, and we also serve a number of major international Chinook operators on a subcontract basis. We are proud to have met Boeing’s expectations on a program that is today the focus of our operations, and look forward to continuing our close partnership with Boeing for decades to come.”
Boeing this year recognized 480 of its 13,000 global suppliers with a Gold- or Silver-level Performance Excellence Award, Vector being one of only 78 suppliers to receive the Gold level of recognition.
Vector’s UK-based Chinook support teams had previously received Boeing Gold Performance Excellence Award recognition in 2014, 2010 and 2009. In 2011, Vector was recognized as Boeing’s Supplier of the Year in the Alliance Award Category.
Vector is proud to support Boeing and its end customer, the UK Ministry of Defence, as a subcontractor on the 34-year Chinook Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) contract. Vector provides airframe, avionics and component support for the Royal Air Force’s fleet of sixty Chinook heavy-lift helicopters from its facilities in Fleetlands, Gosport and Almondbank, Perth.
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case