Vector Aerospace Corporation, a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, , has received a 2016 Boeing Performance Excellence Award for its support of the Chinook heavy-lift helicopter. Boeing issues the award annually to recognize top-performing suppliers who share its focus on first-time quality and on-time delivery.
Vector’s component services team, based in Almondbank, Perth, received the award for maintaining a Gold performance rating for each month of the one-year performance period, from October 1st, 2015, to September 30th, 2016.
Owen McClave, Managing Director for Vector Aerospace UK said, “We are honored to be formally recognised by Boeing, the world’s largest aerospace company, for our efforts in supporting the Chinook platform. Our facilities have been supporting the UK Royal Air Force’s Chinook operations for 35 years, including 11 years as a subcontractor to Boeing on the Through Life Customer Support contract, and we also serve a number of major international Chinook operators on a subcontract basis. We are proud to have met Boeing’s expectations on a program that is today the focus of our operations, and look forward to continuing our close partnership with Boeing for decades to come.”
Boeing this year recognized 480 of its 13,000 global suppliers with a Gold- or Silver-level Performance Excellence Award, Vector being one of only 78 suppliers to receive the Gold level of recognition.
Vector’s UK-based Chinook support teams had previously received Boeing Gold Performance Excellence Award recognition in 2014, 2010 and 2009. In 2011, Vector was recognized as Boeing’s Supplier of the Year in the Alliance Award Category.
Vector is proud to support Boeing and its end customer, the UK Ministry of Defence, as a subcontractor on the 34-year Chinook Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) contract. Vector provides airframe, avionics and component support for the Royal Air Force’s fleet of sixty Chinook heavy-lift helicopters from its facilities in Fleetlands, Gosport and Almondbank, Perth.
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Korea Aerospace selects GVH Wet Deck for Korean Coast Guard
- Alpine first to market certified Bear Paws for B505
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2018
- Evonik to exhibit at Heli-Expo 2018
- JETNET to Feature New Reporting Tools at Heli-Expo 2018
- Rogue Aviation Opens Flight School Focused on Flight Safety
- HAL seeks partner for Dhruv program Image pick a good one after searching ‘dhruv’