According to the Prabhu Helicopter official website, it had placed an order with Robinson Helicopter Company, CA, USA to procure brand new Turbine Robinson R66 on May, 2017 and the new helicopter is expected to arrive in Nepal by this September.
The company is planning to initiate its operation from Kathmandu to the near and popular destinations for tourist and also conduct medical evacuations. After the addition of brand new R66, Prabhu Helicopter will be the proud owner of three helicopter; one R44 and two R66s.
The company with its current base in the country’s most attractive city, Pokhara operates heli services such as helicopter scenic tours, aerial photography and filming, corporate tours, medi-vac services, search and rescue services and honeymoon packages.
According to the Robinson Helicopter Company, The five-seat R66 Turbine helicopter is reliable, economical and easy to maintain. R66s have a two-bladed rotor system, T-bar cyclic and the latest in Robinson technology including streamlined instrument panels, energy absorbing seats and crashworthy bladder fuel tanks. What distinguishes the R66 is a spacious 300 lb capacity baggage compartment and the Rolls Royce RR300 turboshaft engine. The RR300 engine operates on readily available Jet A fuel and offers increased reserve power, additional payload and improved altitude performance. Hydraulic controls eliminate feedback forces and provide responsive handling.
Reproduced from Aviation Nepal with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Aviation Nepal which allows us to reproduce helicopter news which they publish. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Aviation Nepal.
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case