According to the Prabhu Helicopter official website, it had placed an order with Robinson Helicopter Company, CA, USA to procure brand new Turbine Robinson R66 on May, 2017 and the new helicopter is expected to arrive in Nepal by this September.
The company is planning to initiate its operation from Kathmandu to the near and popular destinations for tourist and also conduct medical evacuations. After the addition of brand new R66, Prabhu Helicopter will be the proud owner of three helicopter; one R44 and two R66s.
The company with its current base in the country’s most attractive city, Pokhara operates heli services such as helicopter scenic tours, aerial photography and filming, corporate tours, medi-vac services, search and rescue services and honeymoon packages.
According to the Robinson Helicopter Company, The five-seat R66 Turbine helicopter is reliable, economical and easy to maintain. R66s have a two-bladed rotor system, T-bar cyclic and the latest in Robinson technology including streamlined instrument panels, energy absorbing seats and crashworthy bladder fuel tanks. What distinguishes the R66 is a spacious 300 lb capacity baggage compartment and the Rolls Royce RR300 turboshaft engine. The RR300 engine operates on readily available Jet A fuel and offers increased reserve power, additional payload and improved altitude performance. Hydraulic controls eliminate feedback forces and provide responsive handling.
Reproduced from Aviation Nepal with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Aviation Nepal which allows us to reproduce helicopter news which they publish. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Aviation Nepal.
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Korea Aerospace selects GVH Wet Deck for Korean Coast Guard
- Alpine first to market certified Bear Paws for B505
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2018
- Evonik to exhibit at Heli-Expo 2018
- JETNET to Feature New Reporting Tools at Heli-Expo 2018
- Rogue Aviation Opens Flight School Focused on Flight Safety
- HAL seeks partner for Dhruv program Image pick a good one after searching ‘dhruv’