KBR, Inc. (NYSE: KBR) announced today that its global government services business, KBRwyle, has been awarded a three-year task order to provide programmatic support to the U.S. Army’s Program Executive Office (PEO) for Aviation at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama. The Army awarded this cost-plus-fixed-fee task order under the Defense Systems Technical Area Task (DSTAT) contract.
KBRwyle will analyze, research, and develop deliverables, such as critical milestone documents, for PEO Aviation’s Cargo Helicopter and Fixed Wing Project Management Offices.
KBRwyle will also provide technical support and recommendations to increase availability, improve reliability, and reduce support costs for the Army’s fixed wing aircraft and CH-47 Chinook Helicopter. The CH-47 is the Army’s only heavy-lift cargo helicopter supporting critical combat and non-combat operations.
“We are excited to expand our support to the U.S. Army aviation community through this new task order,” said Byron Bright, KBRwyle President. “KBRwyle will apply our technical acumen and knowledge of DoD acquisition to assist these project offices in meeting mission requirements for their aircraft.”
KBRwyle has provided programmatic, technical, and logistics support to project offices for PEO Aviation for more than 20 years.
A full spectrum service provider to U.S. Army aircraft programs, KBRwyle has supported every U.S. Army aircraft and aircraft system. This includes Army rotary wing, fixed wing and non-standard rotary wing, unmanned aircraft systems, aviation systems, and aircraft survivability equipment.
Revenue associated with this project was undisclosed and was booked into backlog of unfilled orders for KBR’s Government Service Business Segment in the second quarter of 2017.
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom