KBR, Inc. (NYSE: KBR) announced today that its global government services business, KBRwyle, has been awarded a three-year task order to provide programmatic support to the U.S. Army’s Program Executive Office (PEO) for Aviation at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama. The Army awarded this cost-plus-fixed-fee task order under the Defense Systems Technical Area Task (DSTAT) contract.
KBRwyle will analyze, research, and develop deliverables, such as critical milestone documents, for PEO Aviation’s Cargo Helicopter and Fixed Wing Project Management Offices.
KBRwyle will also provide technical support and recommendations to increase availability, improve reliability, and reduce support costs for the Army’s fixed wing aircraft and CH-47 Chinook Helicopter. The CH-47 is the Army’s only heavy-lift cargo helicopter supporting critical combat and non-combat operations.
“We are excited to expand our support to the U.S. Army aviation community through this new task order,” said Byron Bright, KBRwyle President. “KBRwyle will apply our technical acumen and knowledge of DoD acquisition to assist these project offices in meeting mission requirements for their aircraft.”
KBRwyle has provided programmatic, technical, and logistics support to project offices for PEO Aviation for more than 20 years.
A full spectrum service provider to U.S. Army aircraft programs, KBRwyle has supported every U.S. Army aircraft and aircraft system. This includes Army rotary wing, fixed wing and non-standard rotary wing, unmanned aircraft systems, aviation systems, and aircraft survivability equipment.
Revenue associated with this project was undisclosed and was booked into backlog of unfilled orders for KBR’s Government Service Business Segment in the second quarter of 2017.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%