KBR, Inc. (NYSE: KBR) announced today that its global government services business, KBRwyle, has been awarded a three-year task order to provide programmatic support to the U.S. Army’s Program Executive Office (PEO) for Aviation at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama. The Army awarded this cost-plus-fixed-fee task order under the Defense Systems Technical Area Task (DSTAT) contract.
KBRwyle will analyze, research, and develop deliverables, such as critical milestone documents, for PEO Aviation’s Cargo Helicopter and Fixed Wing Project Management Offices.
KBRwyle will also provide technical support and recommendations to increase availability, improve reliability, and reduce support costs for the Army’s fixed wing aircraft and CH-47 Chinook Helicopter. The CH-47 is the Army’s only heavy-lift cargo helicopter supporting critical combat and non-combat operations.
“We are excited to expand our support to the U.S. Army aviation community through this new task order,” said Byron Bright, KBRwyle President. “KBRwyle will apply our technical acumen and knowledge of DoD acquisition to assist these project offices in meeting mission requirements for their aircraft.”
KBRwyle has provided programmatic, technical, and logistics support to project offices for PEO Aviation for more than 20 years.
A full spectrum service provider to U.S. Army aircraft programs, KBRwyle has supported every U.S. Army aircraft and aircraft system. This includes Army rotary wing, fixed wing and non-standard rotary wing, unmanned aircraft systems, aviation systems, and aircraft survivability equipment.
Revenue associated with this project was undisclosed and was booked into backlog of unfilled orders for KBR’s Government Service Business Segment in the second quarter of 2017.
- Bell-Boeing awarded $35M contract for V-22 Support
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award