KBR, Inc. (NYSE: KBR) announced today that its global government services business, KBRwyle, has been awarded a three-year task order to provide programmatic support to the U.S. Army’s Program Executive Office (PEO) for Aviation at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama. The Army awarded this cost-plus-fixed-fee task order under the Defense Systems Technical Area Task (DSTAT) contract.
KBRwyle will analyze, research, and develop deliverables, such as critical milestone documents, for PEO Aviation’s Cargo Helicopter and Fixed Wing Project Management Offices.
KBRwyle will also provide technical support and recommendations to increase availability, improve reliability, and reduce support costs for the Army’s fixed wing aircraft and CH-47 Chinook Helicopter. The CH-47 is the Army’s only heavy-lift cargo helicopter supporting critical combat and non-combat operations.
“We are excited to expand our support to the U.S. Army aviation community through this new task order,” said Byron Bright, KBRwyle President. “KBRwyle will apply our technical acumen and knowledge of DoD acquisition to assist these project offices in meeting mission requirements for their aircraft.”
KBRwyle has provided programmatic, technical, and logistics support to project offices for PEO Aviation for more than 20 years.
A full spectrum service provider to U.S. Army aircraft programs, KBRwyle has supported every U.S. Army aircraft and aircraft system. This includes Army rotary wing, fixed wing and non-standard rotary wing, unmanned aircraft systems, aviation systems, and aircraft survivability equipment.
Revenue associated with this project was undisclosed and was booked into backlog of unfilled orders for KBR’s Government Service Business Segment in the second quarter of 2017.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad