Kaman Corporation (NYSE:KAMN) announced today that its subsidiary Kaman Aerospace Corporation (Kaman) has entered into a new multi-year (MY) contract with Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT) company, which outlines the pricing and conditions for the manufacture of H-60 cockpits under the Department of Defense MY IX H-60 procurement authorization. The term of the MY agreement between Kaman and Sikorsky will be for five years, starting in 2018 and ending in 2022, per Sikorsky and the U.S. Army’s recent signing of the MY IX contract. Under the agreement, Kaman will continue to manufacture UH-60M Black Hawk and HH-60M MEDEVAC model cockpits for Sikorsky at Kaman’s Jacksonville, Florida, facility. Since 2004 Kaman has delivered more than 1,200 new H-60 cockpits to Sikorsky.
Kaman’s scope of work for the new agreement will continue to include final assembly of the cockpits as well as detail metal part manufacturing, and procurement of wiring harnesses, composite parts, hardware, flight control mechanisms, and other H-60 cockpit associated parts. In addition, for the new MY procurement, Kaman will be responsible for procuring and installing specified flight safety items.
“We are very pleased to extend our relationship with Sikorsky for another five years,” said Neal Keating, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of Kaman Corporation. “Sikorsky is a longstanding customer and we are proud of the confidence they have placed in us as a key supplier on the H-60 program. Kaman is honored to be Sikorsky’s primary supplier of American made H-60 cockpits in support of U.S. Armed Forces and allied militaries around the world.”
This release includes “forward looking statements” relating to the program discussed above. These statements are based on assumptions currently believed to be valid, but they involve risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ from those expressed in the forward looking statements. Important uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ from those expressed in the forward looking statements are identified in our reports filed with the SEC, including our Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, our Annual Reports on Form 10-K, and our Current Reports on Form 8-K. The forward looking statements included in this press release are made only as of the date of this release, and Kaman does not undertake any obligation to update the forward looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd