Philippines-based charter operator GCA Skyline Aviation Inc. welcomed its first H130 in early July. Currently operating a H125, the new H130 will be immediately operational to perform similar commercial missions, including VIP transport and tourism for GCA Skyline.
“As a fast growing company, we look to the most efficient and reliable aircraft to expand our operations in a sustainable manner”, said Joenina Mah, Accountable Director of GCA Skyline Aviation Inc. “Having experienced the powerful and cost-efficient H125 and the successes it has brought us, we are confident that the H130 is the ideal platform to meet our needs, as we expand our operations.”
The H130’s roomy interior allows an eight-seater configuration, ideal for panoramic helitours and comfortable VIP transportation. Thanks to its flat floor design, the H130 can be easily reconfigured within minutes to match a wide range of missions, including emergency medical services, law enforcement, as well as search and rescue.
“The Philippines is the one of the most active markets in the Southeast Asia region, presenting abundant opportunities for new helicopter acquisition. We are happy that Airbus Helicopters is chosen by GCA Skyline once again as its sole helicopter provider. With our customer centre conveniently located at the airport, we are committed to ensuring full support and providing comprehensive services to GCA Skyline”, said Lionel de Maupeou, Managing Director of Airbus Helicopters Philippines.
The H130 is a member of the Ecureuil family of light helicopters, renowned for its performance, reliability, safety and multi-mission capability. In the Philippines, close to 60 Ecureuil helicopters are currently flown by civil and parapublic (C&P), and commercial operators, making them the most popular helicopters. Airbus Helicopters takes up 50% market share in the commercial and C&P segments in the Philippines.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd