The public is invited to join the American Helicopter Museum and Education Center (AHMEC) to celebrate World Helicopter Day on August 20, 2017, from noon until 4 p.m. World Helicopter Day aims to raise awareness of helicopters’ contributions to society and celebrate the diversity of people who design, fly and support them.
Every day, thousands of people rely on helicopters for rescue, disaster relief, transport, firefighting, medical transfers, power line maintenance, tourism, agriculture and many other roles. Few people get to see helicopters up close or have the opportunity to talk to the people who work with them.
“I’m thrilled that AHMEC is taking part in World Helicopter Day,” said World Helicopter Day organizer Mick Cullen. Organizations in Australia, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong and South Africa will host events the same day. “If you have any interest in helicopters, the people who work with them or a career in aviation, please go along to your local event. You can also see more details on the World Helicopter Day website at www.worldhelicopterday.com or follow it on different social media platforms using the hashtag #worldhelicopterday, which will link activity around the globe.
Admission at AHMEC is $10.00 for adults and $8.00 for children, students and seniors. Helicopter rides beginning at 1 p.m. cost an additional $60.00 per person. Vendors include Crowded Castle Brewing Company, Kona Ice of King of Prussia, New Castle County Police, DogsHome Rescue and Petey Possum’s Hangout.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%