The public is invited to join the American Helicopter Museum and Education Center (AHMEC) to celebrate World Helicopter Day on August 20, 2017, from noon until 4 p.m. World Helicopter Day aims to raise awareness of helicopters’ contributions to society and celebrate the diversity of people who design, fly and support them.
Every day, thousands of people rely on helicopters for rescue, disaster relief, transport, firefighting, medical transfers, power line maintenance, tourism, agriculture and many other roles. Few people get to see helicopters up close or have the opportunity to talk to the people who work with them.
“I’m thrilled that AHMEC is taking part in World Helicopter Day,” said World Helicopter Day organizer Mick Cullen. Organizations in Australia, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong and South Africa will host events the same day. “If you have any interest in helicopters, the people who work with them or a career in aviation, please go along to your local event. You can also see more details on the World Helicopter Day website at www.worldhelicopterday.com or follow it on different social media platforms using the hashtag #worldhelicopterday, which will link activity around the globe.
Admission at AHMEC is $10.00 for adults and $8.00 for children, students and seniors. Helicopter rides beginning at 1 p.m. cost an additional $60.00 per person. Vendors include Crowded Castle Brewing Company, Kona Ice of King of Prussia, New Castle County Police, DogsHome Rescue and Petey Possum’s Hangout.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin