The public is invited to join the American Helicopter Museum and Education Center (AHMEC) to celebrate World Helicopter Day on August 20, 2017, from noon until 4 p.m. World Helicopter Day aims to raise awareness of helicopters’ contributions to society and celebrate the diversity of people who design, fly and support them.
Every day, thousands of people rely on helicopters for rescue, disaster relief, transport, firefighting, medical transfers, power line maintenance, tourism, agriculture and many other roles. Few people get to see helicopters up close or have the opportunity to talk to the people who work with them.
“I’m thrilled that AHMEC is taking part in World Helicopter Day,” said World Helicopter Day organizer Mick Cullen. Organizations in Australia, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong and South Africa will host events the same day. “If you have any interest in helicopters, the people who work with them or a career in aviation, please go along to your local event. You can also see more details on the World Helicopter Day website at www.worldhelicopterday.com or follow it on different social media platforms using the hashtag #worldhelicopterday, which will link activity around the globe.
Admission at AHMEC is $10.00 for adults and $8.00 for children, students and seniors. Helicopter rides beginning at 1 p.m. cost an additional $60.00 per person. Vendors include Crowded Castle Brewing Company, Kona Ice of King of Prussia, New Castle County Police, DogsHome Rescue and Petey Possum’s Hangout.
- Bell-Boeing awarded $35M contract for V-22 Support
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award