The public is invited to join the American Helicopter Museum and Education Center (AHMEC) to celebrate World Helicopter Day on August 20, 2017, from noon until 4 p.m. World Helicopter Day aims to raise awareness of helicopters’ contributions to society and celebrate the diversity of people who design, fly and support them.
Every day, thousands of people rely on helicopters for rescue, disaster relief, transport, firefighting, medical transfers, power line maintenance, tourism, agriculture and many other roles. Few people get to see helicopters up close or have the opportunity to talk to the people who work with them.
“I’m thrilled that AHMEC is taking part in World Helicopter Day,” said World Helicopter Day organizer Mick Cullen. Organizations in Australia, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong and South Africa will host events the same day. “If you have any interest in helicopters, the people who work with them or a career in aviation, please go along to your local event. You can also see more details on the World Helicopter Day website at www.worldhelicopterday.com or follow it on different social media platforms using the hashtag #worldhelicopterday, which will link activity around the globe.
Admission at AHMEC is $10.00 for adults and $8.00 for children, students and seniors. Helicopter rides beginning at 1 p.m. cost an additional $60.00 per person. Vendors include Crowded Castle Brewing Company, Kona Ice of King of Prussia, New Castle County Police, DogsHome Rescue and Petey Possum’s Hangout.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad