Erickson Incorporated, a leading aerospace OEM and provider of global aviation services, announced the appointment of government services veteran, Doug Kitani as Chief Executive Officer and Director effective August 31, 2017.
Mr. Kitani joins Erickson having most recently served as Chief Executive Officer and Director of IAP Worldwide Services, a global defense services company specializing in logistics, expeditionary infrastructure, facilities engineering, and power systems. His prior experience includes leading portfolio strategies and corporate development for DynCorp International, an aerospace and defense company. Mr. Kitani is known for his expertise in mergers and acquisitions and quality improvement having spent many years working in the private equity investment field and in general management at Honeywell International and General Electric.
Erickson Chairman Jim Continenza said, “We are delighted to welcome Doug to the team. As an accomplished aerospace and defense CEO with vast government services experience, Doug brings a unique skill set to Erickson and we feel confident he will be able to leverage Erickson’s unique capabilities into new markets while continuing to support and grow our existing relationships.”
“Erickson is a global market leader in aircraft manufacturing, MRO, and air operations, and I am excited to be a part of building the business and expanding our market position in the days ahead,” said Doug Kitani.
Mr. Kitani earned his MBA in Finance and Strategy from Emory University and graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point. He served as a US Army helicopter pilot (qualified in the UH-1, OH-58, and UH-60 while completing 11 years of active and reserve duty), is a member of AOPA and is a supporter of the Green Beret Foundation.
Acting President and CEO, Andrew Mills will continue to serve in an executive role at Erickson. Mr. Continenza said, “The board and I thank Andy for his leadership and guidance through this transition and know he will continue to be a valuable member of our team.”
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad
- Helimission Approved to provide Services in Himachal Pradesh
- Rapides Regional Medical Centre awaits FAA Helipad Approval
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Malaysia celebrates 50 years service of S-61 fleet
- Eagle Copters Australasia to represent Dart Aerospace in Asia Pacific region
- Blue Hawaiian partners with ranch for new tour
- Boeing expect US Army to save $1 Billion by picking MH-139
- Unitech delivers new weapons pylon for US Army Black Hawks
- Alberta hospital helipad vandalised
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet