Erickson Incorporated, a leading aerospace OEM and provider of global aviation services, announced the appointment of government services veteran, Doug Kitani as Chief Executive Officer and Director effective August 31, 2017.
Mr. Kitani joins Erickson having most recently served as Chief Executive Officer and Director of IAP Worldwide Services, a global defense services company specializing in logistics, expeditionary infrastructure, facilities engineering, and power systems. His prior experience includes leading portfolio strategies and corporate development for DynCorp International, an aerospace and defense company. Mr. Kitani is known for his expertise in mergers and acquisitions and quality improvement having spent many years working in the private equity investment field and in general management at Honeywell International and General Electric.
Erickson Chairman Jim Continenza said, “We are delighted to welcome Doug to the team. As an accomplished aerospace and defense CEO with vast government services experience, Doug brings a unique skill set to Erickson and we feel confident he will be able to leverage Erickson’s unique capabilities into new markets while continuing to support and grow our existing relationships.”
“Erickson is a global market leader in aircraft manufacturing, MRO, and air operations, and I am excited to be a part of building the business and expanding our market position in the days ahead,” said Doug Kitani.
Mr. Kitani earned his MBA in Finance and Strategy from Emory University and graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point. He served as a US Army helicopter pilot (qualified in the UH-1, OH-58, and UH-60 while completing 11 years of active and reserve duty), is a member of AOPA and is a supporter of the Green Beret Foundation.
Acting President and CEO, Andrew Mills will continue to serve in an executive role at Erickson. Mr. Continenza said, “The board and I thank Andy for his leadership and guidance through this transition and know he will continue to be a valuable member of our team.”
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Bristow Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Third Quarter Earnings
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017