Erickson Incorporated, a leading aerospace OEM and provider of global aviation services, announced the appointment of government services veteran, Doug Kitani as Chief Executive Officer and Director effective August 31, 2017.
Mr. Kitani joins Erickson having most recently served as Chief Executive Officer and Director of IAP Worldwide Services, a global defense services company specializing in logistics, expeditionary infrastructure, facilities engineering, and power systems. His prior experience includes leading portfolio strategies and corporate development for DynCorp International, an aerospace and defense company. Mr. Kitani is known for his expertise in mergers and acquisitions and quality improvement having spent many years working in the private equity investment field and in general management at Honeywell International and General Electric.
Erickson Chairman Jim Continenza said, “We are delighted to welcome Doug to the team. As an accomplished aerospace and defense CEO with vast government services experience, Doug brings a unique skill set to Erickson and we feel confident he will be able to leverage Erickson’s unique capabilities into new markets while continuing to support and grow our existing relationships.”
“Erickson is a global market leader in aircraft manufacturing, MRO, and air operations, and I am excited to be a part of building the business and expanding our market position in the days ahead,” said Doug Kitani.
Mr. Kitani earned his MBA in Finance and Strategy from Emory University and graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point. He served as a US Army helicopter pilot (qualified in the UH-1, OH-58, and UH-60 while completing 11 years of active and reserve duty), is a member of AOPA and is a supporter of the Green Beret Foundation.
Acting President and CEO, Andrew Mills will continue to serve in an executive role at Erickson. Mr. Continenza said, “The board and I thank Andy for his leadership and guidance through this transition and know he will continue to be a valuable member of our team.”
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded