The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund, Inc. is proud to announce the opening of the 2018 scholarship season. Sixteen scholarships will be awarded to deserving female aviators in 2018, setting the bar for the entire helicopter industry. Applications are due by October 1st.
This year, scholarship sponsors include Airbus, Erickson Inc., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, FlightSafety International Inc., ForeFlight, Garmin, Night Flight Concepts, Oregon Aero, Robinson Helicopter Company, Survival Systems USA, Inc., and Western Helicopters Inc., as well as private individuals. Awards are available for both experienced and new pilots and examples include classes in Vertical Reference, turbine transition, software use, and a helicopter add-on rating.
Whirly Girls Vice President – Scholarships, Alison Martin, stated, “I encourage all women in the helicopter industry to apply for these scholarships and connect with the Whirly Girls Organization. The importance of the support gained from fellow Whirly Girls cannot be overstated. Women compose only 3-6% of pilots and our loyal sponsors are providing these career-building opportunities to aid in the effort to advance women in the helicopter industry. Every female pilot owes it to herself to apply.”
Scholarship applications are available at www.whirlygirls.org/scholarships/apply-now and are due October 1, 2017. Scholarships will be awarded in February at the Annual Whirly Girls Awards Banquet at Heli-Expo in Las Vegas, NV. For more information, please visit www.whirlygirls.org.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd