The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund, Inc. is proud to announce the opening of the 2018 scholarship season. Sixteen scholarships will be awarded to deserving female aviators in 2018, setting the bar for the entire helicopter industry. Applications are due by October 1st.
This year, scholarship sponsors include Airbus, Erickson Inc., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, FlightSafety International Inc., ForeFlight, Garmin, Night Flight Concepts, Oregon Aero, Robinson Helicopter Company, Survival Systems USA, Inc., and Western Helicopters Inc., as well as private individuals. Awards are available for both experienced and new pilots and examples include classes in Vertical Reference, turbine transition, software use, and a helicopter add-on rating.
Whirly Girls Vice President – Scholarships, Alison Martin, stated, “I encourage all women in the helicopter industry to apply for these scholarships and connect with the Whirly Girls Organization. The importance of the support gained from fellow Whirly Girls cannot be overstated. Women compose only 3-6% of pilots and our loyal sponsors are providing these career-building opportunities to aid in the effort to advance women in the helicopter industry. Every female pilot owes it to herself to apply.”
Scholarship applications are available at www.whirlygirls.org/scholarships/apply-now and are due October 1, 2017. Scholarships will be awarded in February at the Annual Whirly Girls Awards Banquet at Heli-Expo in Las Vegas, NV. For more information, please visit www.whirlygirls.org.
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Bristow Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Third Quarter Earnings
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017