The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund, Inc. is proud to announce the opening of the 2018 scholarship season. Sixteen scholarships will be awarded to deserving female aviators in 2018, setting the bar for the entire helicopter industry. Applications are due by October 1st.
This year, scholarship sponsors include Airbus, Erickson Inc., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, FlightSafety International Inc., ForeFlight, Garmin, Night Flight Concepts, Oregon Aero, Robinson Helicopter Company, Survival Systems USA, Inc., and Western Helicopters Inc., as well as private individuals. Awards are available for both experienced and new pilots and examples include classes in Vertical Reference, turbine transition, software use, and a helicopter add-on rating.
Whirly Girls Vice President – Scholarships, Alison Martin, stated, “I encourage all women in the helicopter industry to apply for these scholarships and connect with the Whirly Girls Organization. The importance of the support gained from fellow Whirly Girls cannot be overstated. Women compose only 3-6% of pilots and our loyal sponsors are providing these career-building opportunities to aid in the effort to advance women in the helicopter industry. Every female pilot owes it to herself to apply.”
Scholarship applications are available at www.whirlygirls.org/scholarships/apply-now and are due October 1, 2017. Scholarships will be awarded in February at the Annual Whirly Girls Awards Banquet at Heli-Expo in Las Vegas, NV. For more information, please visit www.whirlygirls.org.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded