Russian Helicopters holding company plans to begin certification tests of the newest Ka-62 helicopter in 2018, which will last two years. After its completion the machine will be ready for bulk supplies.
At the present moment, helicopter flight hardware has been produced on AAC “Progress”. The first machine already participated in factory tests in May 2017. The second flight hardware of helicopter was introduced to Russian and foreign audience on III Eastern economic forum; in 2018 году it is planned to produce the third specimen of Ка-62.
«We continue the work on preparation of the Ka-62 helicopter for batch manufacturing. During 2018–2019 there will be a series of ground-based and flight certification tests will take place after which we will be able to offer the machines to customers. This is a modern hi-tech helicopter, and I’m sure it will be in demand at the market », said Andrey Boginsky.
Ka-62 helicopter is designed for carriage of passengers, offshore works, emergency medical response, execution of search and rescue operations, freight handling inside the cabin and in store, patrolling and ecological monitoring.
A distinctive feature of helicopter is a wide use of polymeric composite materials. The volume of helicopter structures made from them is raise to 60% by weight.
- Construction starts on Eemshaven Heliport
- Israeli Brigadier General takes CH-53K King Stallion orientation flight
- UK – Leeds General Infirmary adds fire equipment to allow 24×7 ops
- Harris Corp awarded $100M contract for CV-22 Countermeasures
- Raytheon awarded $8M contract for Delivery of H-60 Spare Parts
- UAE to build unmanned Ka226T
- NYPD Aviation Unit Increases Coverage on Illegally Flown Drones
- HFI Scholarship Applications Now Open
- Georgia Hospital to add helipad
- RCMP Investigate Helicopter Parts Theft
- FAA and GA national #FlySafe Campaign
- Workhorse Announces First Manned Flight of SureFly
- German supplier wins five year Chinook parts contract from Boeing
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Falcon Aviation to add three more AW169s, leased from Milestone
- Sundance Helicopters voted Best in Las Vegas
- Esterline Showcases Latest Avionics Capabilities
- Falcon Aviation commits to more H160s
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export of Mi-171А2
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system