Kaman Aerosystems, a division of the aerospace segment of Kaman Corporation (NYSE:KAMN), announced today at the Helitech International Helicopter Expo & Conference that it has signed a contract with Columbia Basin Helicopters for the purchase of a K-MAX® aircraft to be delivered in 2018.
“We are pleased that Columbia Basin’s president and owner, David McCarty, has selected the K-MAX® helicopter to expand his fleet of aircraft,” stated Drake Klotzman, GM, Air Vehicles & Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Division. “With this agreement we have sold out our initial production lot of ten aircraft and look forward to offering additional aircraft in the marketplace.”
Columbia Basin Helicopters, Inc. of La Grande, Oregon has been operating for over twenty years. Primary operations include aerial application and firefighting. In addition to helicopters, the company operates a number of fixed wing single-engine air tankers for state and federal agencies.
Kaman will have representatives at Helitech International during October 3-4, 2017. Our team will also be available to answer any questions relative to K-MAX® helicopter and other products and services at the Kaman Aerosystems’ Stand H61, London, England.
Development of the K-MAX® was led by Kaman founder and former CEO, aviation pioneer Charles H. Kaman, and received Federal Aviation Administration certification in 1994. The single-engine, single-seat K-MAX® is a rugged low-maintenance aircraft that features a counter-rotating rotor system and is optimized for external load operations and designed specifically for vertical reference flight. The aircraft can lift up to 6,000 pounds (2,722 kg).
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded