Trakka Systems is proud to announce that Leonardo Helicopters has selected the new TrakkaBeam TLX high-intensity, high power searchlight for the AW169 helicopters chosen by the Norwegian Police Directorate as their new law enforcement helicopter type following the recent tender for their helicopter service modernisation programme. The contract will include three aircraft, with an option for a further three units, and a 10-year maintenance package.
The aircraft will enable the Norwegian Police to enhance its capabilities and readiness to counter threats including terrorism.
The AW169s will perform a range of tasks including observation, surveillance, special operations team transport and airborne sniping to counter terrorism and other crimes, ensuring high versatility with quick and easy reconfiguration between roles.
The TLX high-intensity, high power searchlight is the latest model in the Trakka Systems range. Complementing the proven work-horse A800, the TLX is a premier product offering more performance, features and functionality in the same form-factor. The TLX provides a massive 25% increase in light intensity across the beam, while requiring an 11% lower power draw. With the characteristic TrakkaBeam full and uniform edge-to-edge light-spread across the beam diameter, the TLX leads the industry for total beam brightness, clarity and control. It also offers an industry-first optional dual sensor TI/TV co-located camera payload for enhanced day/night situational awareness, together with Trakka’s unique internal multispectral filter wheel. Coupled with the new LOS Inertial Hold function, TLX greatly enhances day/night situational awareness and mission capabilities, and is particularly useful for helicopters deploying armed counter-terrorist response teams.
- HeliOffshore features in Eurocontrol’s Hindsight magazine
- HAI announces Rolls-Royce Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award winner
- CHC receives second H175 via LCI lease
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype