Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, will be exhibiting for the second time at the Association of Air Medical Services’ Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC), taking place at the Fort Worth Convention Center in Downtown Fort Worth, Texas from October 16th – 18th, 2017, in Booth #635.
In addition to its extensive history as an industry-leading MRO provider, Vector has been focused on bringing innovative improvements to flight safety for many years. From its early stages of involvement in the ground-breaking FAA Capstone program more than fifteen years ago, Vector has continuously emphasized the importance of progressing safety and has actively worked with industry partners to introduce significant solutions to the aviation community.
Vector’s dedication to safety within the industry has served as a cornerstone and primary driver in the evolution of their Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) portfolio. “Especially with the increase in EMS flying, anything that can help the pilot navigate safely interests us right now,” said Elvis Moniz, Vector’s VP of business development for airframe & avionics solutions. Vector is actively pursuing an array of safety-related equipment options, not the least of which is the soon-to-be-certified Crash-Resistant Fuel System for the Airbus Helicopters AS350/EC130 family of aircraft. This modern, retrofittable fuel tank, developed in cooperation with Robertson Fuel Systems, features a number of safety enhancements, such as a self-sealing breakaway valve, vent system roll-over protection, a vent system flame arrestor, and a crash-resistant recessed sump drain valve, all aimed at increasing survivability for passengers and crew flying the thousands of AS350/EC130 aircraft in service around the globe. With launch customers Air Methods Corporation and WeatherTech Aviation already onboard, Vector is eagerly anticipating certification approval of the system and is primed to begin installations immediately.
Additional safety technologies in what Vector refers to as its AS350/EC130 SAFECRAFT portfolio, offered in partnership with a broad lineup of industry leaders, include an Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast (ADS-B) solution; a low-cost, retrofittable autopilot system; a powerline detection system; energy attenuating seating; a lightweight monitoring and recording system; an icing conditions detector; a tail rotor enhancement and stability system; an electronic flight instrument upgrade; and a collective cueing system.
At AMTC 2017, Vector’s experienced and knowledgeable team of professionals will be onsite to answer questions about and raise awareness of the many safety-minded enhancements that make up their 35+ STC catalog, and to showcase the wide range of helicopter airframe, component, and engine MRO capabilities that the company offers from its twenty-one global locations. To learn more about Vector Aerospace’s extensive aircraft and engine support offerings and to see a model of the Crash-Resistant Fuel System for the AS350/EC130, please visit the Vector team of experts at Booth #635 during the show.
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia
- Nearly 550 rotorcraft now sharing data with Airbus
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s
- Waypoint Leasing Increases Customer Count