Honeywell was awarded a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) supplemental type certificate (STC) for the Aspire 200 satellite communications system on the Airbus Helicopters AS350 and Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk and have applied for an FAA STC for the Bell 429, while Transport Canada has certified the system on the Bell 429. The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approvals for those helicopters are also underway. In addition, EASA recently approved the installation of the Aspire 200 system on the Leonardo AW139 helicopter.
Honeywell’s system provides reliable connectivity service for helicopters, enabling constant communication, even when in remote areas. The Aspire 200 system, combined with the SwiftBroadband High-Data Rate (HDR) software package, brings high-bandwidth connectivity to the helicopter cabin for the first time while allowing the pilot or operator to mitigate any signal connectivity issues.
“There has always been a need for in-flight connectivity on helicopters, particularly to support VIP, air ambulance, police and military ISR applications,” said Mark Goodman, product director, Honeywell Aerospace. “The small, lightweight Aspire 200 provides a robust, reliable link that works through helicopter rotors.”
To complement Aspire 200, Honeywell’s GoDirect Cabin Connectivity service includes access to a selection of GoDirect apps, such as GoDirect Satcom Toolkit and GoDirect Global Mobile Data, allowing improved productivity with real-time communications through access to emails, videoconferencing and higher-speed broadband transmission. In today’s helicopter environment, Honeywell’s satellite communication systems and services provide a one-stop connectivity shop for fleet owners and operators.
- Aberdeen Airport helicopter movements continue to fall
- Leonardo Withdraws Lawsuit
- Lower helicopter requirement as Fox News train 90 drone pilots
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Drone Collision
- Penzance HP team point out flaws in Steamship AW169 plans
- Helinetwork presents you with a new free service – RotorPlace.
- LCI closes on $55M capital market financing
- Era Group Celebrates 70 Years of Service
- New Isles of Scilly helicopter link to use AW169
- Helipass reaches 6 million bookings
- Where in the USA Do Helicopter Accidents Occur?
- Sikorsky awarded $127M contract for CH-53K Production
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66
- BIRD Aerosystems wins follow-on contract for ASIO SMA
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Voom helicopter booking platform joins Airbus
- USHST appoints Government Co-Chair
- Wills and Legal Services raises £540,000 for hospital helipads
- Convention Data Services signs three year Heli-Expo contract
- Avian-Precise Co awarded $57M contract for Vertical Lift Engineering