Honeywell was awarded a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) supplemental type certificate (STC) for the Aspire 200 satellite communications system on the Airbus Helicopters AS350 and Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk and have applied for an FAA STC for the Bell 429, while Transport Canada has certified the system on the Bell 429. The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approvals for those helicopters are also underway. In addition, EASA recently approved the installation of the Aspire 200 system on the Leonardo AW139 helicopter.
Honeywell’s system provides reliable connectivity service for helicopters, enabling constant communication, even when in remote areas. The Aspire 200 system, combined with the SwiftBroadband High-Data Rate (HDR) software package, brings high-bandwidth connectivity to the helicopter cabin for the first time while allowing the pilot or operator to mitigate any signal connectivity issues.
“There has always been a need for in-flight connectivity on helicopters, particularly to support VIP, air ambulance, police and military ISR applications,” said Mark Goodman, product director, Honeywell Aerospace. “The small, lightweight Aspire 200 provides a robust, reliable link that works through helicopter rotors.”
To complement Aspire 200, Honeywell’s GoDirect Cabin Connectivity service includes access to a selection of GoDirect apps, such as GoDirect Satcom Toolkit and GoDirect Global Mobile Data, allowing improved productivity with real-time communications through access to emails, videoconferencing and higher-speed broadband transmission. In today’s helicopter environment, Honeywell’s satellite communication systems and services provide a one-stop connectivity shop for fleet owners and operators.
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T