Honeywell was awarded a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) supplemental type certificate (STC) for the Aspire 200 satellite communications system on the Airbus Helicopters AS350 and Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk and have applied for an FAA STC for the Bell 429, while Transport Canada has certified the system on the Bell 429. The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approvals for those helicopters are also underway. In addition, EASA recently approved the installation of the Aspire 200 system on the Leonardo AW139 helicopter.
Honeywell’s system provides reliable connectivity service for helicopters, enabling constant communication, even when in remote areas. The Aspire 200 system, combined with the SwiftBroadband High-Data Rate (HDR) software package, brings high-bandwidth connectivity to the helicopter cabin for the first time while allowing the pilot or operator to mitigate any signal connectivity issues.
“There has always been a need for in-flight connectivity on helicopters, particularly to support VIP, air ambulance, police and military ISR applications,” said Mark Goodman, product director, Honeywell Aerospace. “The small, lightweight Aspire 200 provides a robust, reliable link that works through helicopter rotors.”
To complement Aspire 200, Honeywell’s GoDirect Cabin Connectivity service includes access to a selection of GoDirect apps, such as GoDirect Satcom Toolkit and GoDirect Global Mobile Data, allowing improved productivity with real-time communications through access to emails, videoconferencing and higher-speed broadband transmission. In today’s helicopter environment, Honeywell’s satellite communication systems and services provide a one-stop connectivity shop for fleet owners and operators.
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test