Honeywell was awarded a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) supplemental type certificate (STC) for the Aspire 200 satellite communications system on the Airbus Helicopters AS350 and Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk and have applied for an FAA STC for the Bell 429, while Transport Canada has certified the system on the Bell 429. The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approvals for those helicopters are also underway. In addition, EASA recently approved the installation of the Aspire 200 system on the Leonardo AW139 helicopter.
Honeywell’s system provides reliable connectivity service for helicopters, enabling constant communication, even when in remote areas. The Aspire 200 system, combined with the SwiftBroadband High-Data Rate (HDR) software package, brings high-bandwidth connectivity to the helicopter cabin for the first time while allowing the pilot or operator to mitigate any signal connectivity issues.
“There has always been a need for in-flight connectivity on helicopters, particularly to support VIP, air ambulance, police and military ISR applications,” said Mark Goodman, product director, Honeywell Aerospace. “The small, lightweight Aspire 200 provides a robust, reliable link that works through helicopter rotors.”
To complement Aspire 200, Honeywell’s GoDirect Cabin Connectivity service includes access to a selection of GoDirect apps, such as GoDirect Satcom Toolkit and GoDirect Global Mobile Data, allowing improved productivity with real-time communications through access to emails, videoconferencing and higher-speed broadband transmission. In today’s helicopter environment, Honeywell’s satellite communication systems and services provide a one-stop connectivity shop for fleet owners and operators.
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services
- AHS selects 2018 Nikolsky Honorary Lectureship recipient
- HAI President Message – They Love Us When They Need Us
- Construction starts on Eemshaven Heliport
- Israeli Brigadier General takes CH-53K King Stallion orientation flight
- UK – Leeds General Infirmary adds fire equipment to allow 24×7 ops
- Harris Corp awarded $100M contract for CV-22 Countermeasures
- Raytheon awarded $8M contract for Delivery of H-60 Spare Parts