The Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) awarded several accreditations during its meeting on Oct. 14, 2017: The first dual accreditation for CAMTS-CAMTS EU, a new first time accreditation, a conditional accreditation, and nine reaccreditations.
First Dual Accreditation
Embrace Yorkshire & Humber Infant & Children’s Transport Service in South Yorkshire, UK, received the world’s first dual accreditation for CAMTS-CAMTS EU. Embrace achieved full accreditation for rotorwing, fixed wing, and ground transport for their service of providing critical care to the pediatric and neonatal population in the UK.
“We are truly excited to announce our first dual accreditation,” said CAMTS Executive Director Eileen Frazer. “By expanding CAMTS’ high accreditation standards across the world, we strive to ensure the highest quality of medial transport care. It is an honest testament to the dedication and professionalism of Embrace, achieving this milestone, and we look forward to working with other companies and organizations who have begun the dual accreditation process.”
Embrace Infant & Children Yorkshire & Humber Transport Service is part of Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust. Embrace serves approximately 1.25 million children within Yorkshire & Humber (Y&H) Operational Delivery Network, providing 24-hour support for 22 hospital sites.
WellmontOne Air Transport in Kingsport, Tennessee, received accreditation for the first time for rotorwing services. WellmontOne operates a Bell 407, providing critical emergency transport in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Vector Aeromedical in Liberty, North Carolina, achieved CAMTS Conditional Accreditation for fixed wing services. Utilizing a fleet of Cessna Citation Jet aircraft, Vector AeroMedical provides critical patient transport for patients anywhere in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
In addition to the three new accredited services, the following CAMTS companies achieved reaccreditation:
- Angel One Transport, operating rotorwing, fixed wing and ground service in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Commercial Medical Transport, providing medical escort services in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Enloe FlightCare, operating rotorwing service in Chico, California.
- Flight For Life, operating rotorwing service in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
- Geisinger Life Flight, operating rotorwing and ground service in Danville, Pennsylvania.
- HELP Flight, operating rotorwing and fixed wing service in Billings, Montana.
- Life Flight of Maine, operating rotorwing, fixed wing and ground service in Bangor, Maine.
- Metro Life Flight, operating rotorwing service in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Staff for Life, operating rotorwing service in Columbia, Missouri.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023