We are delighted to announce that five people nominated by EAAA for the 2017 Association of Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence have been shortlisted.
Zac Augarde, a young supporter of EAAA who was diagnosed with autism when he was three, has been shortlisted for the Outstanding Young Person Award. At the age of six, Zac held his birthday party in support of us, with his friends donating money to EAAA in lieu of presents. Thanks to him more young children are aware of the work that we do.
Longstanding Critical Care Paramedic Rod Wells, who in the last 12 months has attended 276 missions and treated 182 patients, has been shortlisted for the Air Ambulance Paramedic of the Year Award and Ann Squires, a devoted volunteer in Cambridgeshire who has racked up 2,000 hours volunteering on behalf of the charity has been shortlisted for Charity Volunteer of the Year.
EAAA’s HR department has also been shortlisted for its innovation through a travel inspired induction package, including a postcard, a boarding pass and a passport, and will be up for Innovation of the Year Award.
Finally, Tim Brooks a former engineer at East Anglian Air Ambulance who retired earlier this year has been shortlisted for Air Operations Support Staff Member of the Year Award. Tim has been associated with the charity for over 15 years and is known for always going the extra mile.
The awards will take place in London on 13 November. We wish all shortlisted nominees the best of luck!
- Bristow renews Guyana contract for five years
- Uber and Bell plan to fly air taxis from DFW Airport
- Transnet National Ports Authority orders two AW109s
- Bell 525 certification heads for spring 2019
- Vodafone plans safer skies with drone tracking technology
- Lobo Leasing and Titan Helicopter Group Enter Into Lease Agreement
- Elbit outline solutions to be presented at Heli-Expo
- Bell outlines Heli-Expo display
- Cobham Heli Academy Launch
- Past Sikorsky COO joins Cirrus Aircraft as Product Development SVP
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California