We are delighted to announce that five people nominated by EAAA for the 2017 Association of Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence have been shortlisted.
Zac Augarde, a young supporter of EAAA who was diagnosed with autism when he was three, has been shortlisted for the Outstanding Young Person Award. At the age of six, Zac held his birthday party in support of us, with his friends donating money to EAAA in lieu of presents. Thanks to him more young children are aware of the work that we do.
Longstanding Critical Care Paramedic Rod Wells, who in the last 12 months has attended 276 missions and treated 182 patients, has been shortlisted for the Air Ambulance Paramedic of the Year Award and Ann Squires, a devoted volunteer in Cambridgeshire who has racked up 2,000 hours volunteering on behalf of the charity has been shortlisted for Charity Volunteer of the Year.
EAAA’s HR department has also been shortlisted for its innovation through a travel inspired induction package, including a postcard, a boarding pass and a passport, and will be up for Innovation of the Year Award.
Finally, Tim Brooks a former engineer at East Anglian Air Ambulance who retired earlier this year has been shortlisted for Air Operations Support Staff Member of the Year Award. Tim has been associated with the charity for over 15 years and is known for always going the extra mile.
The awards will take place in London on 13 November. We wish all shortlisted nominees the best of luck!
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services
- AHS selects 2018 Nikolsky Honorary Lectureship recipient
- HAI President Message – They Love Us When They Need Us
- Construction starts on Eemshaven Heliport
- Israeli Brigadier General takes CH-53K King Stallion orientation flight
- UK – Leeds General Infirmary adds fire equipment to allow 24×7 ops
- Harris Corp awarded $100M contract for CV-22 Countermeasures
- Raytheon awarded $8M contract for Delivery of H-60 Spare Parts
- UAE to build unmanned Ka226T
- NYPD Aviation Unit Increases Coverage on Illegally Flown Drones
- HFI Scholarship Applications Now Open
- Georgia Hospital to add helipad
- RCMP Investigate Helicopter Parts Theft
- FAA and GA national #FlySafe Campaign
- Workhorse Announces First Manned Flight of SureFly
- German supplier wins five year Chinook parts contract from Boeing
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Falcon Aviation to add three more AW169s, leased from Milestone