We are delighted to announce that five people nominated by EAAA for the 2017 Association of Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence have been shortlisted.
Zac Augarde, a young supporter of EAAA who was diagnosed with autism when he was three, has been shortlisted for the Outstanding Young Person Award. At the age of six, Zac held his birthday party in support of us, with his friends donating money to EAAA in lieu of presents. Thanks to him more young children are aware of the work that we do.
Longstanding Critical Care Paramedic Rod Wells, who in the last 12 months has attended 276 missions and treated 182 patients, has been shortlisted for the Air Ambulance Paramedic of the Year Award and Ann Squires, a devoted volunteer in Cambridgeshire who has racked up 2,000 hours volunteering on behalf of the charity has been shortlisted for Charity Volunteer of the Year.
EAAA’s HR department has also been shortlisted for its innovation through a travel inspired induction package, including a postcard, a boarding pass and a passport, and will be up for Innovation of the Year Award.
Finally, Tim Brooks a former engineer at East Anglian Air Ambulance who retired earlier this year has been shortlisted for Air Operations Support Staff Member of the Year Award. Tim has been associated with the charity for over 15 years and is known for always going the extra mile.
The awards will take place in London on 13 November. We wish all shortlisted nominees the best of luck!
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Top-level appointments at Coptersafety
- Era Group and Bel Air Aviation enter teaming agreement
- Avalex video equipment picked for WPD EC135 fleet upgrade
- ForeFlight Launches Trip Assistant Door-to-Door Flight And Fuel Stop Planner