We are delighted to announce that five people nominated by EAAA for the 2017 Association of Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence have been shortlisted.
Zac Augarde, a young supporter of EAAA who was diagnosed with autism when he was three, has been shortlisted for the Outstanding Young Person Award. At the age of six, Zac held his birthday party in support of us, with his friends donating money to EAAA in lieu of presents. Thanks to him more young children are aware of the work that we do.
Longstanding Critical Care Paramedic Rod Wells, who in the last 12 months has attended 276 missions and treated 182 patients, has been shortlisted for the Air Ambulance Paramedic of the Year Award and Ann Squires, a devoted volunteer in Cambridgeshire who has racked up 2,000 hours volunteering on behalf of the charity has been shortlisted for Charity Volunteer of the Year.
EAAA’s HR department has also been shortlisted for its innovation through a travel inspired induction package, including a postcard, a boarding pass and a passport, and will be up for Innovation of the Year Award.
Finally, Tim Brooks a former engineer at East Anglian Air Ambulance who retired earlier this year has been shortlisted for Air Operations Support Staff Member of the Year Award. Tim has been associated with the charity for over 15 years and is known for always going the extra mile.
The awards will take place in London on 13 November. We wish all shortlisted nominees the best of luck!
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023