FlightSafety International announces that Steve Fedynyszyn has been named Director of Quality, Safety and Standards.
“We look forward to Steve’s contributions in his new role as the leader of the FlightSafety Quality and Safety Management System and in the advancement of FlightSafety Standards.” said Daniel MacLellan, Senior Vice President Operations. “His proven experience with Learning Center operations, implementation of regulatory requirements, and understanding of Customer needs will ensure that FlightSafety continues to deliver the highest quality training around the world.”
Steve assumes responsibility for the establishment, optimization and management of business processes within the FlightSafety Quality and Safety Management System. He and his team ensure that training programs, related systems and processes are delivered according to FlightSafety’s industry-leading standards and the requirements of aviation regulatory authorities worldwide.
He will also lead an effort to further refine FlightSafety’s standards for course delivery, documentation and instructor qualifications. This will enhance the development, approval and delivery of new training programs and the establishment of facilities.
Steve joined FlightSafety in 1998 as a Program Manager for deHavilland DHC-6, Dash 7 and Beechcraft 1900 training. He was promoted to Deputy Head of Training in 2000 and most recently served as Director, Regulatory Affairs, Head of Training. During his 10 years in that role he lead a team of 17 regulatory specialists responsible for maintaining regulatory training compliance for pilot and maintenance training throughout FlightSafety’s worldwide network of Learning Centers.
His prior experience includes working as an Account Manager, Sparton of Canada; Senior Manager, Hardware Marketing, Ingram Micro; Manager, Marketing Services, Honeywell; and Assistant Chief Pilot at Toronto Airways and TorontoAir. Steve earned a Bachelor of Business Administration and MBA at York University in Toronto, Canada. He holds an Air Transport Pilot License and has flown more than 5,100 hours in a wide variety of Beechcraft, Cessna, deHavilland, Mitsubishi and Piper aircraft.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than 1.4 million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full-flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation