One of East Anglian Air Ambulance’s (EAAA’s) founding members and aviation consultant, Gerry Hermer, received the Eric Brown Award at the British Helicopter Association (BHA) annual dinner this month.
Gerry’s drive and passion were behind the establishment of the air ambulance in East Anglia, and in the early years of EAAA his company Sterling Aviation provided the charity’s helicopters. Gerry also offered his first class flying expertise by regularly undertaking shifts as a pilot for EAAA. After his retirement from Sterling, Gerry then became the aviation consultant for EAAA, before retiring from the charity earlier this year.
The team at Babcock International nominated Gerry for this prestigious award. The ‘Eric Brown Award’ was established by the British Helicopter Advisory Board (the former name of the British helicopter Association) Council of Management in recognition of the outstanding service given by the late Captain E.M. Brown (who sadly passed away last year) to the helicopter industry while he was Chief Executive of the BHAB from 1968 until 1987. Among many accolades Eric was a British Royal Navy officer and test pilot who flew 487 types of aircraft, more than anyone else in history. He was also the most-decorated pilot in the history of the Royal Navy. These achievements show the gravity of the award, and the calibre of individuals that are nominated. The Award is made annually by the BHA to the individual whom they consider has made a significant contribution towards the helicopter industry.
The extent of Eric Brown’s service to the industry (and country) and his many achievements shows what an honour it is to win this award. Everyone at EAAA could not be more proud of Gerry for what he has achieved and we are incredibly grateful for everything he has done for EAAA and the aviation industry in general. We are delighted that he has received recognition of his service by receiving this award. What a way for Gerry to finish off his retirement year!
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s
- Waypoint Leasing Increases Customer Count
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018