One of East Anglian Air Ambulance’s (EAAA’s) founding members and aviation consultant, Gerry Hermer, received the Eric Brown Award at the British Helicopter Association (BHA) annual dinner this month.
Gerry’s drive and passion were behind the establishment of the air ambulance in East Anglia, and in the early years of EAAA his company Sterling Aviation provided the charity’s helicopters. Gerry also offered his first class flying expertise by regularly undertaking shifts as a pilot for EAAA. After his retirement from Sterling, Gerry then became the aviation consultant for EAAA, before retiring from the charity earlier this year.
The team at Babcock International nominated Gerry for this prestigious award. The ‘Eric Brown Award’ was established by the British Helicopter Advisory Board (the former name of the British helicopter Association) Council of Management in recognition of the outstanding service given by the late Captain E.M. Brown (who sadly passed away last year) to the helicopter industry while he was Chief Executive of the BHAB from 1968 until 1987. Among many accolades Eric was a British Royal Navy officer and test pilot who flew 487 types of aircraft, more than anyone else in history. He was also the most-decorated pilot in the history of the Royal Navy. These achievements show the gravity of the award, and the calibre of individuals that are nominated. The Award is made annually by the BHA to the individual whom they consider has made a significant contribution towards the helicopter industry.
The extent of Eric Brown’s service to the industry (and country) and his many achievements shows what an honour it is to win this award. Everyone at EAAA could not be more proud of Gerry for what he has achieved and we are incredibly grateful for everything he has done for EAAA and the aviation industry in general. We are delighted that he has received recognition of his service by receiving this award. What a way for Gerry to finish off his retirement year!
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded