Russian Helicopters (part of Rostec State Corporation) started flight tests of the Mi-171E multipurpose helicopter with upgraded power unit and rotor system at Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant (UUAP) . It is planned to finish them by the end of the 2017. Due to innovations, economic efficiency of Mi-171E helicopter was enhanced significantly.
Mi-171E helicopter is equipped with a new rotor and X-shaped tail rotor with blades made of polymer composite materials, upgraded swash plate, Russian-made VK-2500PS-03 engine with a FADEC-type digital control system, and with modified stabilizer and keel beam.
“Equipment of Mi-171E helicopter with a new carrier system allowed to increase the maximum speed, increase the flight range and external sling payload, and to make flights in the thin air of high altitudes and in high temperatures more reliable. Also, a new form of blades of tail and main rotor makes it possible to significantly reduce the noise level. We hope that the modernized helicopter will appeal to both traditional buyers and new clients,” said Managing Director of JSC UUAP Leonid Belykh.
All components of the carrier system are lighter, their resources are increased and maintenance complexity is decreased. Digital de-icing system for composite blades of main and tail rotor is also a new feature.
Resources of the VK-2500PS-03 engines with emergency mode power of 2700 HP are increased by 1.5 times. FADEC-type digital engine control system adapts controls to external conditions, significantly reduces the weight and volume of the electronic units of the system and connecting cables, ensures synchronization of the engine working mode by turbocharger rotation frequency. It allows to maintain the optimum performance of engines with minimal fuel consumption. Auxiliary power unit Safir 5K/G MI with a powerful 20kW generator provides greater height of the engine starting and fuel economy.
- SAFE Structure to launch combined turbine stand and container
- Possible Foreign US Military Sale to Sweden of Patriot Configuration-3
- Blue Sky Network at HAI Heli-Expo 2018
- Foreign US Military Sale to Kuwait of King Air 350ER
- Twirly Birds Announce the 2018 Les Morris Award Recipient
- Precision and Honeywell sign agreement
- Marines’ Self-Flying Helicopter Kit a Finalist for Top Aviation Award
- Garmin® introduces the G500H TXi
- ITT Enidine Announces New Flight-Critical Components
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Membership Manager
- Bell Helicopter Rebrands
- EASA publishes the first Opinion on safe drone operations
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Pilot Recruitment: The HeliSpeed ‘Gig Economy’
- Bristow Group Announces Private Offering
- EASA approves Kopter as Design Organisation
- Airbus H160 arrives in US for Heli-Expo and sales tour
- Swiss Air Ambulance helped 29 patients per day throughout 2017
- Twirly Birds Announce Annual Meeting in Las Vegas
- First Sikorsky Combat Rescue Helicopter Enters Final Assembly