Russian Helicopters (part of Rostec State Corporation) started flight tests of the Mi-171E multipurpose helicopter with upgraded power unit and rotor system at Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant (UUAP) . It is planned to finish them by the end of the 2017. Due to innovations, economic efficiency of Mi-171E helicopter was enhanced significantly.
Mi-171E helicopter is equipped with a new rotor and X-shaped tail rotor with blades made of polymer composite materials, upgraded swash plate, Russian-made VK-2500PS-03 engine with a FADEC-type digital control system, and with modified stabilizer and keel beam.
“Equipment of Mi-171E helicopter with a new carrier system allowed to increase the maximum speed, increase the flight range and external sling payload, and to make flights in the thin air of high altitudes and in high temperatures more reliable. Also, a new form of blades of tail and main rotor makes it possible to significantly reduce the noise level. We hope that the modernized helicopter will appeal to both traditional buyers and new clients,” said Managing Director of JSC UUAP Leonid Belykh.
All components of the carrier system are lighter, their resources are increased and maintenance complexity is decreased. Digital de-icing system for composite blades of main and tail rotor is also a new feature.
Resources of the VK-2500PS-03 engines with emergency mode power of 2700 HP are increased by 1.5 times. FADEC-type digital engine control system adapts controls to external conditions, significantly reduces the weight and volume of the electronic units of the system and connecting cables, ensures synchronization of the engine working mode by turbocharger rotation frequency. It allows to maintain the optimum performance of engines with minimal fuel consumption. Auxiliary power unit Safir 5K/G MI with a powerful 20kW generator provides greater height of the engine starting and fuel economy.
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride