Wales Air Ambulance has been recognised for a second year running at the national Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence in London.
The Special Incident Award was won by the helicopter charity for an incident involving serious trauma. The accolade was presented to consultant Dr Tim Rogerson, critical care practioner Rhyan Curtin, pilot Andy Iceton and other colleagues during the ceremony in London on November 13.
The Welsh Flying Medics, part of the EMRTS Cymru team which flies on board the charity’s helicopters, were awarded the accolade in recognition of the challenging incident they attended.
The prestigious award, which was also won by the charity in 2016 for a major trauma incident, was organised by the Air Ambulance Association. The awards are independently judged and recognise the outstanding work carried out by air ambulance crews.
Dr Tim Rogerson said: “It was a real honour to be nominated and shortlisted for this award against stiff competition from excellent air ambulance services across the UK. As a team, we were delighted and humbled to win the award.
“The successful outcome was the result of a team effort including the Welsh Ambulance Service and clinicians at the receiving hospital. We couldn’t be happier the patient continues to make a great recovery.”
Wales Air Ambulance CEO Angela Hughes said: “We are incredibly proud of the team for winning this prestigious award, especially for the second time. What the they managed is truly amazing, and to be able to fly the patient to the care needed in 23 minutes, a journey which would take at least 90 minutes by road, shows how essential the service is”.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded