HeliOffshore’s Southeast Asia working group held its latest bi-annual meeting in Bangkok on 12 December. Almost half of the association’s member operators from the region were represented at the event, which was kindly hosted by Thai Aviation Services and its new Operations Managing Director Nirundon Ragan. The meeting was organised by Edwin Soeters, Strategic Planning Director with Kuala Lumpur-based Weststar Aviation Services and co-chair of HeliOffshore’s Safety Enablers workstream.
The group considered draft guidance materials on helideck management for Helicopter Landing Officers (HLOs) that the Southeast Asia group has originated. The document covers topics such as the roles and responsibilities of helideck personnel, HLO tasks, communications procedures, and the handling of passengers, baggage and freight. The draft is now being sent out for peer review by operators and oil companies, and is due for publication during the second quarter of 2018.
Jamie Mitchell, head of search and rescue with Brunei Shell Petroleum, gave an update on the work of the HeliOffshore search and rescue group, which he chairs. There was also an update on the HeliOffshore survivability workstream from one of its co-chairs, David Leithner, who is aviation services manager with Shell Aircraft in Sarawak, Malaysia.
HeliOffshore operations director acknowledged the important role that the Southeast Asia group plays in our collaborative approach to enhancing the safety of offshore helicopter operations. The group, which was formed in 2015, holds conference calls each quarter to coordinate shared work on safety programs.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30