Both H175s were freighted to Australia on a single Antonov cargo plane to secure their quick introduction to service on 1 January 2018. The Airbus team has worked closely with Babcock to train 27 pilots and engineers in the assembly, flight and maintenance of the H175s. Babcock will employ a further 19 Timorese to support the aircraft at their base, including four local engineers who will attend training at Airbus Helicopters’ headquarters in France in early 2018.
In making their selection of the H175, Babcock noted that the aircraft is the ‘best of type’ for their purposes, offering excellent payload and superior single-engine performance. The two new helicopters join Babcock’s existing global fleet of xx H175s and will support the company’s regional footprint as they transfer more than 9000 passengers and 30 tonnes of freight each year.
For Airbus, Babcock’s delivery further demonstrates the success of the Airbus H175 programme in offshore operations, following the aircraft’s introduction in the North Sea, Western Africa and the Gulf of Mexico. With extremely powerful engines, up to 270 nautical miles radius of operation and the latest technology in avionics and automation, the H175 was specifically designed to be extremely safe and competitive in the oil and gas, and search and rescue sectors.
Airbus has been a proud partner in the Australasian oil and gas market for many decades. The H175 continues this partnership and paves the way for the decades ahead.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded