Honeywell (NYSE: HON) launched a new Future Air Navigation System testing capability as part of its GoDirect™ Datalink services. The new built-in tool will give operators using GoDirect Datalink the ability to test the system on their aircraft after installation, thus verifying that the system is installed and correctly working. This helps operators and pilots know that they have access to efficient satellite communication and navigation before takeoff.
Once operators schedule testing through Honeywell’s GoDirect Flight Service, they can use the new capability to verify Future Air Navigation System (FANS) installation and service on their aircraft after maintenance, while receiving troubleshooting support, a preflight FANS check before takeoff and inflight testing. The system also provides a final, additional verification by giving pilots a report showing results and required communication performance before they fly. All of this lets pilots know they have the right technology working onboard their aircraft to comply with industry regulations before starting the engines.
“By expanding the capabilities of our GoDirect Flight Services, Honeywell is becoming the go-to technology provider for all business and general aviation customer needs,” said John Peterson, senior director, Connectivity Services, Honeywell Aerospace. “Having a successfully installed FANS system lets pilots more efficiently communicate with air traffic control. Access to FANS testing provides operators with peace of mind that their system is working and ready to perform the mission.”
Operators who already have the GoDirect Datalink service installed on their aircraft will automatically have access to the FANS testing capability upon request, which will be accessible without any additional installation of hardware. GoDirect Datalink provides seamless datalink communication worldwide, including free text messaging, predeparture clearances, oceanic clearances, terminal weather information for pilots, custom short codes and Controller Pilot Data Link Communication to ensure pilots stay connected to air traffic control wherever they are while reducing pilot workload. Plus, customers will have round-the-clock access to aviation experts via phone, email, text, datalink message or fax.
GoDirect Flight Services is part of Honeywell’s GoDirect family — the industry’s most complete portfolio of more than 50 value-adding aviation services and applications that provide operators, flight crews and maintenance teams with critical information to control their services and network. All GoDirect Flight Service customers have access to GoDirect Flight Bag Pro, an electronic flight bag application from Honeywell.
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away