The National Business Aviation Association’s Young Professionals in Business Aviation (NBAA YoPro) announced it is accepting nominations for its first Business Aviation Top 40 Under 40, which will recognize the accomplishments of the industry’s next generation of leaders.
Through June 30, peers and supervisors may nominate individuals online in one of eight categories:
- Airport Business
- Business Management
- Cabin Attendants
Nominees will be vetted for their professional achievements, industry involvement, character attributes and passion for business aviation. All winners will be announced at the 2018 NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE), Oct. 16-18 in Orlando, FL, as well as in the association’s Business Aviation Insider magazine and other media channels.
“Young professionals are making invaluable contributions to business aviation every day, and the Top 40 Under 40 will shine a light on these critical efforts,” said YoPro founder Sierra Grimes, NBAA’s manager of registration and staff liaison to the association’s YoPro Council. “We couldn’t be more proud to share these accomplished individuals’ stories with the aviation community.”
Taking place at a time when business aviation is working to develop its future workforce, the Top 40 Under 40 celebrates individuals who have demonstrated commitment to the industry, and also highlights the wide array of business aviation jobs available to young professionals.
“These awards speak to a fundamental truth: an industry is only as good as its personnel, and we’re lucky to have the best in the world,” said NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen. “Business aviation offers remarkable opportunities for young people to build satisfying careers, and the important work being done by the YoPro Council helps spread that message across the country.”
YoPro has been in existence since 2014, hosting high-profile networking events and educational opportunities at events such as NBAA-BACE, the NBAA Schedulers and Dispatchers Conference (SDC) and the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE). The YoPro Council, which oversees the group’s events and initiatives, is made up of young professionals in a variety of career paths, including pilots, charter brokers, FBO managers and more. Learn more about NBAA’s YoPro initiative.
The Business Aviation Top 40 Under 40 marks a milestone for the group, which is collaborating with AMT and Airport Business Magazine to recognize winners in the maintenance and airport business categories.
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride