The National Business Aviation Association’s Young Professionals in Business Aviation (NBAA YoPro) announced it is accepting nominations for its first Business Aviation Top 40 Under 40, which will recognize the accomplishments of the industry’s next generation of leaders.
Through June 30, peers and supervisors may nominate individuals online in one of eight categories:
- Airport Business
- Business Management
- Cabin Attendants
Nominees will be vetted for their professional achievements, industry involvement, character attributes and passion for business aviation. All winners will be announced at the 2018 NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE), Oct. 16-18 in Orlando, FL, as well as in the association’s Business Aviation Insider magazine and other media channels.
“Young professionals are making invaluable contributions to business aviation every day, and the Top 40 Under 40 will shine a light on these critical efforts,” said YoPro founder Sierra Grimes, NBAA’s manager of registration and staff liaison to the association’s YoPro Council. “We couldn’t be more proud to share these accomplished individuals’ stories with the aviation community.”
Taking place at a time when business aviation is working to develop its future workforce, the Top 40 Under 40 celebrates individuals who have demonstrated commitment to the industry, and also highlights the wide array of business aviation jobs available to young professionals.
“These awards speak to a fundamental truth: an industry is only as good as its personnel, and we’re lucky to have the best in the world,” said NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen. “Business aviation offers remarkable opportunities for young people to build satisfying careers, and the important work being done by the YoPro Council helps spread that message across the country.”
YoPro has been in existence since 2014, hosting high-profile networking events and educational opportunities at events such as NBAA-BACE, the NBAA Schedulers and Dispatchers Conference (SDC) and the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE). The YoPro Council, which oversees the group’s events and initiatives, is made up of young professionals in a variety of career paths, including pilots, charter brokers, FBO managers and more. Learn more about NBAA’s YoPro initiative.
The Business Aviation Top 40 Under 40 marks a milestone for the group, which is collaborating with AMT and Airport Business Magazine to recognize winners in the maintenance and airport business categories.
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System
- Manang Air successfully completes CAAN Approved Training Organization Audit-2018
- FAA proposes closing HIWAS weather advisory
- VRT500 passed first stage of aerodynamic tests
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved