The National Business Aviation Association’s Young Professionals in Business Aviation (NBAA YoPro) announced it is accepting nominations for its first Business Aviation Top 40 Under 40, which will recognize the accomplishments of the industry’s next generation of leaders.
Through June 30, peers and supervisors may nominate individuals online in one of eight categories:
- Airport Business
- Business Management
- Cabin Attendants
Nominees will be vetted for their professional achievements, industry involvement, character attributes and passion for business aviation. All winners will be announced at the 2018 NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE), Oct. 16-18 in Orlando, FL, as well as in the association’s Business Aviation Insider magazine and other media channels.
“Young professionals are making invaluable contributions to business aviation every day, and the Top 40 Under 40 will shine a light on these critical efforts,” said YoPro founder Sierra Grimes, NBAA’s manager of registration and staff liaison to the association’s YoPro Council. “We couldn’t be more proud to share these accomplished individuals’ stories with the aviation community.”
Taking place at a time when business aviation is working to develop its future workforce, the Top 40 Under 40 celebrates individuals who have demonstrated commitment to the industry, and also highlights the wide array of business aviation jobs available to young professionals.
“These awards speak to a fundamental truth: an industry is only as good as its personnel, and we’re lucky to have the best in the world,” said NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen. “Business aviation offers remarkable opportunities for young people to build satisfying careers, and the important work being done by the YoPro Council helps spread that message across the country.”
YoPro has been in existence since 2014, hosting high-profile networking events and educational opportunities at events such as NBAA-BACE, the NBAA Schedulers and Dispatchers Conference (SDC) and the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE). The YoPro Council, which oversees the group’s events and initiatives, is made up of young professionals in a variety of career paths, including pilots, charter brokers, FBO managers and more. Learn more about NBAA’s YoPro initiative.
The Business Aviation Top 40 Under 40 marks a milestone for the group, which is collaborating with AMT and Airport Business Magazine to recognize winners in the maintenance and airport business categories.
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia