Evonik is participating in the HAI HELI-EXPO between February 27 and March 1, 2018 as a full-service provider of cast and stretched PLEXIGLAS® and versatile EUROPLEX® for the aviation industry.
At booth 3144, Evonik will be presenting for the first time a UV-IR blocker for aircraft glazing. This additive for cast PLEXIGLAS® sheets prevents penetration of UV and infrared radiation into the cabin, thus reducing the health hazards associated with this radiation. The blocker can be produced in any color.
Stretched PLEXIGLAS® sheets can also be used in helicopters, where they offer an additional weight advantage. They also have higher impact resistance and chemical resistance than cast materials.
Evonik offers four grades of PLEXIGLAS® sheets that are certified for aviation, which can be customized to individual specifications. The Essen-based specialty chemicals group produces the branded acrylic from polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), an extremely weathering-resistant material of high optical quality and low weight.
The F series of EUROPLEX® sheeting, on the other hand, is based on flame-retardant polycarbonate. It is therefore especially suited for production of small molded parts in the aircraft interior. Also on offer are EUROPLEX® sheets based on polyphenylsulfone (PPSU) with significantly superior fire-protection properties.
EUROPLEX® GV sheets, based on a glass fiber reinforced polycarbonate, are suitable for applications such as helicopter bodywork elements, where rigidity and impact resistance are important.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023