Evonik is participating in the HAI HELI-EXPO between February 27 and March 1, 2018 as a full-service provider of cast and stretched PLEXIGLAS® and versatile EUROPLEX® for the aviation industry.
At booth 3144, Evonik will be presenting for the first time a UV-IR blocker for aircraft glazing. This additive for cast PLEXIGLAS® sheets prevents penetration of UV and infrared radiation into the cabin, thus reducing the health hazards associated with this radiation. The blocker can be produced in any color.
Stretched PLEXIGLAS® sheets can also be used in helicopters, where they offer an additional weight advantage. They also have higher impact resistance and chemical resistance than cast materials.
Evonik offers four grades of PLEXIGLAS® sheets that are certified for aviation, which can be customized to individual specifications. The Essen-based specialty chemicals group produces the branded acrylic from polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), an extremely weathering-resistant material of high optical quality and low weight.
The F series of EUROPLEX® sheeting, on the other hand, is based on flame-retardant polycarbonate. It is therefore especially suited for production of small molded parts in the aircraft interior. Also on offer are EUROPLEX® sheets based on polyphenylsulfone (PPSU) with significantly superior fire-protection properties.
EUROPLEX® GV sheets, based on a glass fiber reinforced polycarbonate, are suitable for applications such as helicopter bodywork elements, where rigidity and impact resistance are important.
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away