Evonik is participating in the HAI HELI-EXPO between February 27 and March 1, 2018 as a full-service provider of cast and stretched PLEXIGLAS® and versatile EUROPLEX® for the aviation industry.
At booth 3144, Evonik will be presenting for the first time a UV-IR blocker for aircraft glazing. This additive for cast PLEXIGLAS® sheets prevents penetration of UV and infrared radiation into the cabin, thus reducing the health hazards associated with this radiation. The blocker can be produced in any color.
Stretched PLEXIGLAS® sheets can also be used in helicopters, where they offer an additional weight advantage. They also have higher impact resistance and chemical resistance than cast materials.
Evonik offers four grades of PLEXIGLAS® sheets that are certified for aviation, which can be customized to individual specifications. The Essen-based specialty chemicals group produces the branded acrylic from polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), an extremely weathering-resistant material of high optical quality and low weight.
The F series of EUROPLEX® sheeting, on the other hand, is based on flame-retardant polycarbonate. It is therefore especially suited for production of small molded parts in the aircraft interior. Also on offer are EUROPLEX® sheets based on polyphenylsulfone (PPSU) with significantly superior fire-protection properties.
EUROPLEX® GV sheets, based on a glass fiber reinforced polycarbonate, are suitable for applications such as helicopter bodywork elements, where rigidity and impact resistance are important.
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion