Kopter Group AG today announced the appointment of Larry D. Roberts as senior vice president, U.S. Business Development responsible for the sales, marketing of the SH09 single-engine turbine helicopter in North America. Mr. Roberts will be based in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas.
Roberts has been involved in the U.S. commercial helicopter industry for the past 20 years working in executive capacities at both American Eurocopter Corporation (AEC, now Airbus Helicopters Inc) and Bell Helicopter, Fort Worth, Texas. While at AEC Roberts simultaneously served as director of U.S. Federal Law Enforcement Development for EADS North America.
“Larry has clearly been a force in shaping the U.S. helicopter market”, said Christian Gras, Executive Vice President Customers for Kopter Group AG. I’m confident that, with his experience and commitment to the industry, he will enhance the company’s ability to meet and exceed the expectations of our commercial customers.
Prior to entering the commercial helicopter market in 1997, Roberts had served as captain of criminal investigations for the Citrus County, Fla. Sheriff’s Department from August 1996 to October 1997 and as patrolman and watch commander with the Gainesville, Fla. Police Department for the preceding 13 years. He was a founding member of the Gainesville Police helicopter unit, which provided air support for ground operations of both agencies.
Roberts holds U.S. FAA licenses and ratings as a single- and twin-engine commercial pilot and rotorcraft instructor. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from the University of Florida.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30