Kopter Group AG today announced the appointment of Larry D. Roberts as senior vice president, U.S. Business Development responsible for the sales, marketing of the SH09 single-engine turbine helicopter in North America. Mr. Roberts will be based in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas.
Roberts has been involved in the U.S. commercial helicopter industry for the past 20 years working in executive capacities at both American Eurocopter Corporation (AEC, now Airbus Helicopters Inc) and Bell Helicopter, Fort Worth, Texas. While at AEC Roberts simultaneously served as director of U.S. Federal Law Enforcement Development for EADS North America.
“Larry has clearly been a force in shaping the U.S. helicopter market”, said Christian Gras, Executive Vice President Customers for Kopter Group AG. I’m confident that, with his experience and commitment to the industry, he will enhance the company’s ability to meet and exceed the expectations of our commercial customers.
Prior to entering the commercial helicopter market in 1997, Roberts had served as captain of criminal investigations for the Citrus County, Fla. Sheriff’s Department from August 1996 to October 1997 and as patrolman and watch commander with the Gainesville, Fla. Police Department for the preceding 13 years. He was a founding member of the Gainesville Police helicopter unit, which provided air support for ground operations of both agencies.
Roberts holds U.S. FAA licenses and ratings as a single- and twin-engine commercial pilot and rotorcraft instructor. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from the University of Florida.
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion