Kopter Group AG today announced the appointment of Larry D. Roberts as senior vice president, U.S. Business Development responsible for the sales, marketing of the SH09 single-engine turbine helicopter in North America. Mr. Roberts will be based in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas.
Roberts has been involved in the U.S. commercial helicopter industry for the past 20 years working in executive capacities at both American Eurocopter Corporation (AEC, now Airbus Helicopters Inc) and Bell Helicopter, Fort Worth, Texas. While at AEC Roberts simultaneously served as director of U.S. Federal Law Enforcement Development for EADS North America.
“Larry has clearly been a force in shaping the U.S. helicopter market”, said Christian Gras, Executive Vice President Customers for Kopter Group AG. I’m confident that, with his experience and commitment to the industry, he will enhance the company’s ability to meet and exceed the expectations of our commercial customers.
Prior to entering the commercial helicopter market in 1997, Roberts had served as captain of criminal investigations for the Citrus County, Fla. Sheriff’s Department from August 1996 to October 1997 and as patrolman and watch commander with the Gainesville, Fla. Police Department for the preceding 13 years. He was a founding member of the Gainesville Police helicopter unit, which provided air support for ground operations of both agencies.
Roberts holds U.S. FAA licenses and ratings as a single- and twin-engine commercial pilot and rotorcraft instructor. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from the University of Florida.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years