Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, recently received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) 2017 Award of Excellence “Diamond Award.” The prestigious honor is a result of the company’s ongoing dedication to maintenance training and aircraft safety. This is Maverick Helicopters’ seventh consecutive Diamond Award for its Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim locations and the third consecutive award for its Maui, Hawaii facility since its inception in 2015.
“Maverick Helicopters’ commitment to excellence in service is only matched by its commitment to safety” said John Buch, president of Maverick Aviation Group. “Receiving one of the FAA’s highest honors, the Diamond Award of Excellence, for the seventh year in a row is evidence of our dedication and safety standards.”
The FAA’s Award of Excellence was created to recognize aviation operators and its maintenance technicians for participating in the FAA Aviation Maintenance Technician Awards Program. The rigorous program encourages employers to participate in continuous learning training programs in aviation maintenance, human factors, fatigue risk management and FAA regulations. Each participating organization can receive honors ranging from the “Gold Award” to the “Diamond Award.” The “Diamond Award” is only given to a select few corporations that have reached the highest level of program criteria.
In 2017, Maverick Helicopters’ dedicated maintenance technicians recorded more than 3,500 hours of training. More than 2,000 of those hours were provided through the company’s homegrown training courses. Maverick Helicopters’ internal training program also requires all new hires to take a three-week training course, outside of the manufacturer and FAA requirements, to ensure safety standards are upheld and surpassed. Additionally, 100 percent of the 53 eligible technicians at Maverick Helicopters obtained individual awards through in-house and factory training.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin