Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, recently received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) 2017 Award of Excellence “Diamond Award.” The prestigious honor is a result of the company’s ongoing dedication to maintenance training and aircraft safety. This is Maverick Helicopters’ seventh consecutive Diamond Award for its Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim locations and the third consecutive award for its Maui, Hawaii facility since its inception in 2015.
“Maverick Helicopters’ commitment to excellence in service is only matched by its commitment to safety” said John Buch, president of Maverick Aviation Group. “Receiving one of the FAA’s highest honors, the Diamond Award of Excellence, for the seventh year in a row is evidence of our dedication and safety standards.”
The FAA’s Award of Excellence was created to recognize aviation operators and its maintenance technicians for participating in the FAA Aviation Maintenance Technician Awards Program. The rigorous program encourages employers to participate in continuous learning training programs in aviation maintenance, human factors, fatigue risk management and FAA regulations. Each participating organization can receive honors ranging from the “Gold Award” to the “Diamond Award.” The “Diamond Award” is only given to a select few corporations that have reached the highest level of program criteria.
In 2017, Maverick Helicopters’ dedicated maintenance technicians recorded more than 3,500 hours of training. More than 2,000 of those hours were provided through the company’s homegrown training courses. Maverick Helicopters’ internal training program also requires all new hires to take a three-week training course, outside of the manufacturer and FAA requirements, to ensure safety standards are upheld and surpassed. Additionally, 100 percent of the 53 eligible technicians at Maverick Helicopters obtained individual awards through in-house and factory training.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30