Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, recently received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) 2017 Award of Excellence “Diamond Award.” The prestigious honor is a result of the company’s ongoing dedication to maintenance training and aircraft safety. This is Maverick Helicopters’ seventh consecutive Diamond Award for its Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim locations and the third consecutive award for its Maui, Hawaii facility since its inception in 2015.
“Maverick Helicopters’ commitment to excellence in service is only matched by its commitment to safety” said John Buch, president of Maverick Aviation Group. “Receiving one of the FAA’s highest honors, the Diamond Award of Excellence, for the seventh year in a row is evidence of our dedication and safety standards.”
The FAA’s Award of Excellence was created to recognize aviation operators and its maintenance technicians for participating in the FAA Aviation Maintenance Technician Awards Program. The rigorous program encourages employers to participate in continuous learning training programs in aviation maintenance, human factors, fatigue risk management and FAA regulations. Each participating organization can receive honors ranging from the “Gold Award” to the “Diamond Award.” The “Diamond Award” is only given to a select few corporations that have reached the highest level of program criteria.
In 2017, Maverick Helicopters’ dedicated maintenance technicians recorded more than 3,500 hours of training. More than 2,000 of those hours were provided through the company’s homegrown training courses. Maverick Helicopters’ internal training program also requires all new hires to take a three-week training course, outside of the manufacturer and FAA requirements, to ensure safety standards are upheld and surpassed. Additionally, 100 percent of the 53 eligible technicians at Maverick Helicopters obtained individual awards through in-house and factory training.
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police
- EASA – A vision for the future of GA
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Boeing awarded $131M contract for the procurement of 4 MH-47G Block II Helicopters
- Mexican president-elect vows to scrap MH-60R order
- First US HEMS Operation to Eliminate Paperwork with Flightdocs
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point holds change of command
- Leonardo and PGZ to collaborate on new AW249 combat helicopter
- AeroTex UK leverages VABS for simulation of composite rotor blades
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Nepal Army procures one AW139 and two H125s
- Nepal Army Constructs Helipad at Nepal-China border (Hilsa)
- NHV win Siemens Gamesa wind farm contract with H175 at Aberdeen
- Bell Training Academy opens Floyd Carlson Airfield
- Airbus delivers law enforcement H125s in North America faster than one per month
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- MQ-8C Fire Scout completes operational test and evaluation
- IMT Vislink Launches New TSM-2020 Transport Management System
- Kopter announces North American subsidiary