Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, recently received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) 2017 Award of Excellence “Diamond Award.” The prestigious honor is a result of the company’s ongoing dedication to maintenance training and aircraft safety. This is Maverick Helicopters’ seventh consecutive Diamond Award for its Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim locations and the third consecutive award for its Maui, Hawaii facility since its inception in 2015.
“Maverick Helicopters’ commitment to excellence in service is only matched by its commitment to safety” said John Buch, president of Maverick Aviation Group. “Receiving one of the FAA’s highest honors, the Diamond Award of Excellence, for the seventh year in a row is evidence of our dedication and safety standards.”
The FAA’s Award of Excellence was created to recognize aviation operators and its maintenance technicians for participating in the FAA Aviation Maintenance Technician Awards Program. The rigorous program encourages employers to participate in continuous learning training programs in aviation maintenance, human factors, fatigue risk management and FAA regulations. Each participating organization can receive honors ranging from the “Gold Award” to the “Diamond Award.” The “Diamond Award” is only given to a select few corporations that have reached the highest level of program criteria.
In 2017, Maverick Helicopters’ dedicated maintenance technicians recorded more than 3,500 hours of training. More than 2,000 of those hours were provided through the company’s homegrown training courses. Maverick Helicopters’ internal training program also requires all new hires to take a three-week training course, outside of the manufacturer and FAA requirements, to ensure safety standards are upheld and surpassed. Additionally, 100 percent of the 53 eligible technicians at Maverick Helicopters obtained individual awards through in-house and factory training.
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives