At HAI Heli-Expo, Safran Helicopter Engines is launching Expert link, a new video assistance service, and announcing the first customers: Heli Austria, Rotortech Services Inc and Heligo. This new service allows the customer to connect, through a secure, live video feed, with Safran Helicopter Engines experts to facilitate technical diagnosis or guide them through a maintenance task.
“With this new service, our mechanics will benefit from immediate visual support on our 19 aircrafts, without leaving the workshop” stated Roy Knaus, Heli Austria CEO. “It can be very useful to maximize our fleet availability in case of urgent troubleshooting but also to increase team expertise whilst benefiting from Safran experts best maintenance practices”.
Olivier Le Merrer, Safran Helicopter Engines EVP Support and Services commented: “We have launched five digital services since last year and this is the first mobile application we launch for helicopter operators. Together with our improved EngineLife® Customer Portal, we are providing our customers with an effective range of digital services for a closer support.”
Based on a proven video assistance application provided by Librestream, Expert link is available at two service levels. Essential, where Safran Helicopter Engines provides remote technical diagnosis and real-time interactive visual assistance. Premium adds hands-free support on scheduled tasks using borescopes or smart glasses. With this solution, customers also have the possibility to use the Expert link technology internally for training or direct video exchange.
Expert link features a secure datalink and is fully compatible with most smartphones, tablets, borescopes and smart glasses. It also features HD pictures recording, image drawing, file sharing, three-person call and webex connection.
Expert link is part of Safran’s EngineLife® Services, a range of solutions for helicopter engines.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years