At HAI Heli-Expo, Safran Helicopter Engines is launching Expert link, a new video assistance service, and announcing the first customers: Heli Austria, Rotortech Services Inc and Heligo. This new service allows the customer to connect, through a secure, live video feed, with Safran Helicopter Engines experts to facilitate technical diagnosis or guide them through a maintenance task.
“With this new service, our mechanics will benefit from immediate visual support on our 19 aircrafts, without leaving the workshop” stated Roy Knaus, Heli Austria CEO. “It can be very useful to maximize our fleet availability in case of urgent troubleshooting but also to increase team expertise whilst benefiting from Safran experts best maintenance practices”.
Olivier Le Merrer, Safran Helicopter Engines EVP Support and Services commented: “We have launched five digital services since last year and this is the first mobile application we launch for helicopter operators. Together with our improved EngineLife® Customer Portal, we are providing our customers with an effective range of digital services for a closer support.”
Based on a proven video assistance application provided by Librestream, Expert link is available at two service levels. Essential, where Safran Helicopter Engines provides remote technical diagnosis and real-time interactive visual assistance. Premium adds hands-free support on scheduled tasks using borescopes or smart glasses. With this solution, customers also have the possibility to use the Expert link technology internally for training or direct video exchange.
Expert link features a secure datalink and is fully compatible with most smartphones, tablets, borescopes and smart glasses. It also features HD pictures recording, image drawing, file sharing, three-person call and webex connection.
Expert link is part of Safran’s EngineLife® Services, a range of solutions for helicopter engines.
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away