Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), has authorized Thai Aviation Services to operate as the first Sikorsky Customer Support Center in Thailand. The announcement came at the 2018 Helicopter Association International Heli-Expo Trade Show & Exposition.
This new Customer Support Center comes soon after Thai Aviation Services completed upgrading its fleet following the delivery of five S-76D™ medium lift helicopters and two S-92® heavy lift helicopters throughout 2016 and 2017. Thai Aviation Services has conducted its offshore operations for oil and gas producing companies for 30 years, utilizing Sikorsky helicopters exclusively. Its fleet now totals eight Sikorsky aircraft, including a Sikorsky S-76C++ helicopter.
“Thai Aviation Services has a long-standing partnership with Sikorsky over the past 30 years. We look forward to expanding this partnership through the authorization as a Customer Support Center and putting our extensive experience operating Sikorsky aircraft to use for the benefit of supporting all Sikorsky aircraft operating in the Asia Pacific region,” said Thai Aviation Services’ Managing Director, Suwanawat Koeworakul.
“Over the past 30 years, Thai Aviation Services has shown the quality of its organization with an outstanding safety and performance record,” said Sikorsky President Dan Schultz. “Sikorsky is proud to authorize Thai Aviation Services as a Customer Support Center as we know they will carry this record of quality into the maintenance of S-92 and S-76 aircraft in this highly important region.”
Sikorsky’s Customer Support Centers enable quick access to Sikorsky logistics and spare parts inventory for operators while providing advanced service capabilities. This support center will be Sikorsky’s seventh in the Asia-Pacific region and adds to the growing network of 23 Sikorsky support centers world-wide.
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia
- Nearly 550 rotorcraft now sharing data with Airbus
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s