Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), has authorized Thai Aviation Services to operate as the first Sikorsky Customer Support Center in Thailand. The announcement came at the 2018 Helicopter Association International Heli-Expo Trade Show & Exposition.
This new Customer Support Center comes soon after Thai Aviation Services completed upgrading its fleet following the delivery of five S-76D™ medium lift helicopters and two S-92® heavy lift helicopters throughout 2016 and 2017. Thai Aviation Services has conducted its offshore operations for oil and gas producing companies for 30 years, utilizing Sikorsky helicopters exclusively. Its fleet now totals eight Sikorsky aircraft, including a Sikorsky S-76C++ helicopter.
“Thai Aviation Services has a long-standing partnership with Sikorsky over the past 30 years. We look forward to expanding this partnership through the authorization as a Customer Support Center and putting our extensive experience operating Sikorsky aircraft to use for the benefit of supporting all Sikorsky aircraft operating in the Asia Pacific region,” said Thai Aviation Services’ Managing Director, Suwanawat Koeworakul.
“Over the past 30 years, Thai Aviation Services has shown the quality of its organization with an outstanding safety and performance record,” said Sikorsky President Dan Schultz. “Sikorsky is proud to authorize Thai Aviation Services as a Customer Support Center as we know they will carry this record of quality into the maintenance of S-92 and S-76 aircraft in this highly important region.”
Sikorsky’s Customer Support Centers enable quick access to Sikorsky logistics and spare parts inventory for operators while providing advanced service capabilities. This support center will be Sikorsky’s seventh in the Asia-Pacific region and adds to the growing network of 23 Sikorsky support centers world-wide.
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE