Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), has authorized Thai Aviation Services to operate as the first Sikorsky Customer Support Center in Thailand. The announcement came at the 2018 Helicopter Association International Heli-Expo Trade Show & Exposition.
This new Customer Support Center comes soon after Thai Aviation Services completed upgrading its fleet following the delivery of five S-76D™ medium lift helicopters and two S-92® heavy lift helicopters throughout 2016 and 2017. Thai Aviation Services has conducted its offshore operations for oil and gas producing companies for 30 years, utilizing Sikorsky helicopters exclusively. Its fleet now totals eight Sikorsky aircraft, including a Sikorsky S-76C++ helicopter.
“Thai Aviation Services has a long-standing partnership with Sikorsky over the past 30 years. We look forward to expanding this partnership through the authorization as a Customer Support Center and putting our extensive experience operating Sikorsky aircraft to use for the benefit of supporting all Sikorsky aircraft operating in the Asia Pacific region,” said Thai Aviation Services’ Managing Director, Suwanawat Koeworakul.
“Over the past 30 years, Thai Aviation Services has shown the quality of its organization with an outstanding safety and performance record,” said Sikorsky President Dan Schultz. “Sikorsky is proud to authorize Thai Aviation Services as a Customer Support Center as we know they will carry this record of quality into the maintenance of S-92 and S-76 aircraft in this highly important region.”
Sikorsky’s Customer Support Centers enable quick access to Sikorsky logistics and spare parts inventory for operators while providing advanced service capabilities. This support center will be Sikorsky’s seventh in the Asia-Pacific region and adds to the growing network of 23 Sikorsky support centers world-wide.
- Airbus delivers first H145s to Rega
- Maverick Helicopters joins air program for Burning Man 2018
- Biggin Hill Airport sets up Heli shuttle in New York
- Offshore Helicopter Industry Leaders Speak On Next Steps to Enhance Safety
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider