Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), has authorized Thai Aviation Services to operate as the first Sikorsky Customer Support Center in Thailand. The announcement came at the 2018 Helicopter Association International Heli-Expo Trade Show & Exposition.
This new Customer Support Center comes soon after Thai Aviation Services completed upgrading its fleet following the delivery of five S-76D™ medium lift helicopters and two S-92® heavy lift helicopters throughout 2016 and 2017. Thai Aviation Services has conducted its offshore operations for oil and gas producing companies for 30 years, utilizing Sikorsky helicopters exclusively. Its fleet now totals eight Sikorsky aircraft, including a Sikorsky S-76C++ helicopter.
“Thai Aviation Services has a long-standing partnership with Sikorsky over the past 30 years. We look forward to expanding this partnership through the authorization as a Customer Support Center and putting our extensive experience operating Sikorsky aircraft to use for the benefit of supporting all Sikorsky aircraft operating in the Asia Pacific region,” said Thai Aviation Services’ Managing Director, Suwanawat Koeworakul.
“Over the past 30 years, Thai Aviation Services has shown the quality of its organization with an outstanding safety and performance record,” said Sikorsky President Dan Schultz. “Sikorsky is proud to authorize Thai Aviation Services as a Customer Support Center as we know they will carry this record of quality into the maintenance of S-92 and S-76 aircraft in this highly important region.”
Sikorsky’s Customer Support Centers enable quick access to Sikorsky logistics and spare parts inventory for operators while providing advanced service capabilities. This support center will be Sikorsky’s seventh in the Asia-Pacific region and adds to the growing network of 23 Sikorsky support centers world-wide.
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives