Trakka Systems is pleased to announce that they have received an FAA STC SR02657LA for the installation of the A800 searchlight onto the MD500 helicopter variants.
The Certification covers the integration of the Trakka A800 searchlight, Pilot Control Interface Unit (PCIU), Control Interface Unit (CIU) or Trakka Control Panel (TCP). The pilot or co-pilot can control the A800 via the CIU or TCP interfaced with the existing four-way switches on the helicopter’s collective control or via a pistol grip that can be operated by a crewman. The certification also includes a Red and Amber filter with an option for an IR filter for government agency operations and interfaces for slaving the Trakka A800 system to a variety of EO camera systems.
Work was carried out in conjunction with Prince George’s County Police Department and The IPL Group. The installation utilizes the Meeker MD500/369 side mount allowing for easy or new retrofit equipment installations.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years