Dallas Airmotive, a BBA Aviation Global Engine Services company, announced today they now offer operators a quick-turn 35-day overhaul service option for select PW206C engines onboard the AW109 Power helicopter.
The quick-turn service for PW206C engines is available at Dallas Airmotive’s Dallas, TX facility through the smart-sourcing of specific engine component parts, cutting the engine’s turnaround time (TAT) by more than 41% from 60 days while upholding OEM Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICAs) that includes incorporation of all the OEM-recommended Service Bulletins.
“Our Customers challenge us continually to provide them with unique service offerings that answer their needs, and this faster turnaround time for AW109 Power operators is a significant improvement to overhaul TAT for this engine model,” Mark Stubbs, Chief Commercial Officer of Global Engine Services said.
Additionally, Stubbs mentioned that Dallas Airmotive’s new service offering not only reduces overhaul TAT, but decreases the operator’s cost while the engine is in maintenance, with lower or non-existent engine rental fees and decreased cost incurred due to the helicopter being out of service.
“The quick-turn overhaul option is designed for our Customers with helicopter missions that don’t allow for much time on the ground,” Stubbs said. “We understand their frustration and what is at stake when it comes to extended time without their engines, as many of our Customers are mission-focused.”
Dallas Airmotive’s Customers flying AW109 Power helicopters are primarily within the corporate transport, emergency medical, search and rescue, law enforcement and maritime and land mission industry sectors.
“Customers tell us that price, turnaround time and quality are their primary decision factors when it comes to the maintenance of their helicopter engines and we aim to deliver on all three, backed by our role as a Pratt & Whitney Canada PW200 Designated Overhaul Facility (DOF) and in-house engine experts ready to provide exceptional support for their fleet,” Stubbs said.
To take advantage of this exclusive service offering, operators are encouraged to schedule their PW206C engine overhaul a minimum of 60 days in advance for review of logbooks and service bulletin status to enable DAI’s team
members to accurately determine program applicability and the specific maintenance needs for the Customer’s engine(s).
Dallas Airmotive and H+S Aviation are strategically equipped to support the overhaul and repair of PW200 engines from around the world. The company is a Pratt & Whitney Canada Designated Overhaul Facility (DOF) at its location in Dallas, TX, with additional capabilities including engine accessory repair and overhaul and state-of-the-art test cells, which provide their Customers some of the fastest turnaround times in the industry.
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF
- Pakistan continues helicopter fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s