Running every May, the HeliRussia expo is an annual place for new helicopter industry developments’ demonstration. The event of this year will not be an exception: one of the interesting exhibits is a new light single-engine helicopter Kasatka 505. It is developed by the Russian company AGAN AIRCRAFT GROUP, and its design incorporates propelling system of the Sikorsky S-52 utility helicopter, which was introduced in the 1950s.
The multirole 4-seated Kasatka 505 is aimed for the Russian general aviation. Despite its age, the Sikorsky S-52 scheme remains adequate for its class and Kasatka 505 has a new all-metal fuselage, up-to-date avionics and skid-mounted chassis. The helicopter will be manufactured using new technologies.
Kasatka 505 to be equipped with a Lycoming O-540 engine and a three-blade rotor with a damper. The helicopter features high load capacity and spacious interior for its class. The additional reliability of the Kasatka 505 design is provided by the proven S-52 carrier system, which was used in harsh conditions, being deployed by the US military.
The prototype of Kasatka 505 helicopter will be available within HeliRussia 2018 at the AGAN AIRCRAFT GROUP’s booth. More details on the helicopter will be revealed. The company also to demonstrate the CH-77 Ranabot helicopter. This model was first brought into the air in Russia just recently – in November 2017. CH-77 Ranabot is a light two-seated helicopter made by Heli-Sport (Italy), which is best suited for private use and piloting training.
The 11th International Helicopter Industry Exhibition HeliRussia 2018 will be held from May 24 to 26 at the Crocus Expo IEC in Moscow.
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF
- Pakistan continues helicopter fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s