Running every May, the HeliRussia expo is an annual place for new helicopter industry developments’ demonstration. The event of this year will not be an exception: one of the interesting exhibits is a new light single-engine helicopter Kasatka 505. It is developed by the Russian company AGAN AIRCRAFT GROUP, and its design incorporates propelling system of the Sikorsky S-52 utility helicopter, which was introduced in the 1950s.
The multirole 4-seated Kasatka 505 is aimed for the Russian general aviation. Despite its age, the Sikorsky S-52 scheme remains adequate for its class and Kasatka 505 has a new all-metal fuselage, up-to-date avionics and skid-mounted chassis. The helicopter will be manufactured using new technologies.
Kasatka 505 to be equipped with a Lycoming O-540 engine and a three-blade rotor with a damper. The helicopter features high load capacity and spacious interior for its class. The additional reliability of the Kasatka 505 design is provided by the proven S-52 carrier system, which was used in harsh conditions, being deployed by the US military.
The prototype of Kasatka 505 helicopter will be available within HeliRussia 2018 at the AGAN AIRCRAFT GROUP’s booth. More details on the helicopter will be revealed. The company also to demonstrate the CH-77 Ranabot helicopter. This model was first brought into the air in Russia just recently – in November 2017. CH-77 Ranabot is a light two-seated helicopter made by Heli-Sport (Italy), which is best suited for private use and piloting training.
The 11th International Helicopter Industry Exhibition HeliRussia 2018 will be held from May 24 to 26 at the Crocus Expo IEC in Moscow.
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawk to San Diego Fire-Rescue Department
- Northrop Grumman Delivers Software for UH-60V
- LONGBOW Awarded $170 Million in Orders
- Sikorsky Honors UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency
- Netherlands signs combined Apache and Chinook sustainment contract with Boeing
- ASU Obtains EASA NVIS STC on AW139
- Indian state of Maharastra orders Sikorsky S76D
- First Helicopter Degree Graduates
- First ground test of Safran hybrid electric propulsion system
- Meggitt awarded five year fuel cell contract
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale