Running every May, the HeliRussia expo is an annual place for new helicopter industry developments’ demonstration. The event of this year will not be an exception: one of the interesting exhibits is a new light single-engine helicopter Kasatka 505. It is developed by the Russian company AGAN AIRCRAFT GROUP, and its design incorporates propelling system of the Sikorsky S-52 utility helicopter, which was introduced in the 1950s.
The multirole 4-seated Kasatka 505 is aimed for the Russian general aviation. Despite its age, the Sikorsky S-52 scheme remains adequate for its class and Kasatka 505 has a new all-metal fuselage, up-to-date avionics and skid-mounted chassis. The helicopter will be manufactured using new technologies.
Kasatka 505 to be equipped with a Lycoming O-540 engine and a three-blade rotor with a damper. The helicopter features high load capacity and spacious interior for its class. The additional reliability of the Kasatka 505 design is provided by the proven S-52 carrier system, which was used in harsh conditions, being deployed by the US military.
The prototype of Kasatka 505 helicopter will be available within HeliRussia 2018 at the AGAN AIRCRAFT GROUP’s booth. More details on the helicopter will be revealed. The company also to demonstrate the CH-77 Ranabot helicopter. This model was first brought into the air in Russia just recently – in November 2017. CH-77 Ranabot is a light two-seated helicopter made by Heli-Sport (Italy), which is best suited for private use and piloting training.
The 11th International Helicopter Industry Exhibition HeliRussia 2018 will be held from May 24 to 26 at the Crocus Expo IEC in Moscow.
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s
- Waypoint Leasing Increases Customer Count
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018