The 1st Battalion, 214th Aviation Regiment, 12th Combat Aviation Brigade received three UH-60M (mike model) Black Hawk Helicopters, here, 07 Mar., 2018.
The UH-60M has an improved model over the UH-60 A/L (alpha plus model) that 214th had in the past. The improvements include an all-digital cockpit, increased lift capacity and improved engine performance.
The all-digital cockpit reduces pilot work load through a flight director system which is similar to an auto pilot function which can maintain altitude and airspeed. The system also increases situational awareness through a moving map system, which displays a two-dimensional representation of all the surroundings.
Rotors blades are also improved on the mike model and have a dihedral swept tip which provides increased lift capacity.
The integrated vehicle health unit maintenance computer system is also an important addition to the UH-60M. The system monitors a variety of moving components and helps advise maintainers prior to any component failure. This means that parts are now replaced by actual wear and not by time.
“The UH-60M Black Hawk will allow 1-214th to shorten trips throughout Europe and to support USAREUR and EUCOM in a better capacity,” said Chief Warrant Officer 4 Stephen Randall, battalion aviation maintenance officer for 1st Bn., 214th Avn. Regt. “We can now fly almost all approaches here in Europe.”
A Federated Air Navigation system improves the compliance with the European One Sky Initiative which allows for more precise traffic routes through Europe and helps de-conflict an already crowded airspace.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet