The 1st Battalion, 214th Aviation Regiment, 12th Combat Aviation Brigade received three UH-60M (mike model) Black Hawk Helicopters, here, 07 Mar., 2018.
The UH-60M has an improved model over the UH-60 A/L (alpha plus model) that 214th had in the past. The improvements include an all-digital cockpit, increased lift capacity and improved engine performance.
The all-digital cockpit reduces pilot work load through a flight director system which is similar to an auto pilot function which can maintain altitude and airspeed. The system also increases situational awareness through a moving map system, which displays a two-dimensional representation of all the surroundings.
Rotors blades are also improved on the mike model and have a dihedral swept tip which provides increased lift capacity.
The integrated vehicle health unit maintenance computer system is also an important addition to the UH-60M. The system monitors a variety of moving components and helps advise maintainers prior to any component failure. This means that parts are now replaced by actual wear and not by time.
“The UH-60M Black Hawk will allow 1-214th to shorten trips throughout Europe and to support USAREUR and EUCOM in a better capacity,” said Chief Warrant Officer 4 Stephen Randall, battalion aviation maintenance officer for 1st Bn., 214th Avn. Regt. “We can now fly almost all approaches here in Europe.”
A Federated Air Navigation system improves the compliance with the European One Sky Initiative which allows for more precise traffic routes through Europe and helps de-conflict an already crowded airspace.
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease