The 1st Battalion, 214th Aviation Regiment, 12th Combat Aviation Brigade received three UH-60M (mike model) Black Hawk Helicopters, here, 07 Mar., 2018.
The UH-60M has an improved model over the UH-60 A/L (alpha plus model) that 214th had in the past. The improvements include an all-digital cockpit, increased lift capacity and improved engine performance.
The all-digital cockpit reduces pilot work load through a flight director system which is similar to an auto pilot function which can maintain altitude and airspeed. The system also increases situational awareness through a moving map system, which displays a two-dimensional representation of all the surroundings.
Rotors blades are also improved on the mike model and have a dihedral swept tip which provides increased lift capacity.
The integrated vehicle health unit maintenance computer system is also an important addition to the UH-60M. The system monitors a variety of moving components and helps advise maintainers prior to any component failure. This means that parts are now replaced by actual wear and not by time.
“The UH-60M Black Hawk will allow 1-214th to shorten trips throughout Europe and to support USAREUR and EUCOM in a better capacity,” said Chief Warrant Officer 4 Stephen Randall, battalion aviation maintenance officer for 1st Bn., 214th Avn. Regt. “We can now fly almost all approaches here in Europe.”
A Federated Air Navigation system improves the compliance with the European One Sky Initiative which allows for more precise traffic routes through Europe and helps de-conflict an already crowded airspace.
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T