The 1st Battalion, 214th Aviation Regiment, 12th Combat Aviation Brigade received three UH-60M (mike model) Black Hawk Helicopters, here, 07 Mar., 2018.
The UH-60M has an improved model over the UH-60 A/L (alpha plus model) that 214th had in the past. The improvements include an all-digital cockpit, increased lift capacity and improved engine performance.
The all-digital cockpit reduces pilot work load through a flight director system which is similar to an auto pilot function which can maintain altitude and airspeed. The system also increases situational awareness through a moving map system, which displays a two-dimensional representation of all the surroundings.
Rotors blades are also improved on the mike model and have a dihedral swept tip which provides increased lift capacity.
The integrated vehicle health unit maintenance computer system is also an important addition to the UH-60M. The system monitors a variety of moving components and helps advise maintainers prior to any component failure. This means that parts are now replaced by actual wear and not by time.
“The UH-60M Black Hawk will allow 1-214th to shorten trips throughout Europe and to support USAREUR and EUCOM in a better capacity,” said Chief Warrant Officer 4 Stephen Randall, battalion aviation maintenance officer for 1st Bn., 214th Avn. Regt. “We can now fly almost all approaches here in Europe.”
A Federated Air Navigation system improves the compliance with the European One Sky Initiative which allows for more precise traffic routes through Europe and helps de-conflict an already crowded airspace.
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years