The County of Västra Götaland (VGR) has started a project to install weather cameras at several different hospitals in the region in order to enhance flight safety and reduce the amount of cancelled flights due to lack of weather information available.
Norsk Luftambulanse (NLA) has used a nation-wide weather camera system for some years for its operations in Norway, and it has been very successful. Today, more than 60 cameras are installed in Norway and nearly 10 cameras are operational in Denmark.
In Norway, having weather cameras installed at some hospitals allows pilots to ensure that the cloud base, air pressure and visibility is good enough to perform GPS approaches, also knowns as Point In Space (PinS).
Together with Norsk Luftambulanse (NLA), VGR will be the first operator to test out the system in Sweden. VGR hope that more operators will follow the trend and that more weather cameras will be installed throughout the country.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T