The County of Västra Götaland (VGR) has started a project to install weather cameras at several different hospitals in the region in order to enhance flight safety and reduce the amount of cancelled flights due to lack of weather information available.
Norsk Luftambulanse (NLA) has used a nation-wide weather camera system for some years for its operations in Norway, and it has been very successful. Today, more than 60 cameras are installed in Norway and nearly 10 cameras are operational in Denmark.
In Norway, having weather cameras installed at some hospitals allows pilots to ensure that the cloud base, air pressure and visibility is good enough to perform GPS approaches, also knowns as Point In Space (PinS).
Together with Norsk Luftambulanse (NLA), VGR will be the first operator to test out the system in Sweden. VGR hope that more operators will follow the trend and that more weather cameras will be installed throughout the country.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s
- Waypoint Leasing Increases Customer Count
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018