CHC Group announced they have signed a 30-month contract continuation with Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) to provide search and rescue services at five bases around Australia.
As part of the continuation, six new generation AW139 aircraft will replace the current S76 SAR helicopter fleet flying for RAAF.
The first of these aircraft have already been introduced at the base in East Sale and a further five will be rolled out throughout 2018.
The AW139 aircraft will be search and rescue configured with four-axis auto hover, allowing them to hover over water at night. CHC is the most experienced operator of auto hover technology in Australia. The crews will also use white phosphorus night vision technology, introduced into Australia by CHC, which is designed to offer greater range and vision clarity than any other existing technology.
CHC Helicopter operate and provide their services to all three services; the Royal Australian Air Force, Australian Navy and the Australian Army. The new AW139 aircraft will be in addition to the current AW139 night vision goggle capable, four-axis auto hover machine currently servicing the Australian Navy since May 2017.
“We’re delighted and honoured to have signed this continuation with the Royal Australia Air Force,” said Vincent D’Rozario, CHC’s Regional Director for Asia Pacific. “CHC Helicopter has worked closely with the RAAF for almost 30 years, it is a pleasure to continue that relationship with the provision of a more capable, new generation aircraft.”
“Fitted with four-access auto hover capabilities and CHC’s award winning night vision technology, we know these aircraft will prove invaluable support during training exercises.”
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin