Lockheed Martin Chairman, President and CEO Marillyn Hewson accepted the 2018 Edison Achievement Award at the annual Edison Awards gala. The Edison Awards Steering Committee selected her for making a significant and lasting contribution to the world of innovation through her career, her leadership and her achievements.
“I’m humbled and I’m honored to accept this award on behalf of the 100,000 women and men of Lockheed Martin,” said Hewson. “They are the ones who have made—and will always make— our company a leader in innovation on land, at sea, in the air, in space, and in the cyber realm.”
Lockheed Martin also won three Edison “Best New Product” awards at the event:
- Gold for its Sikorsky MATRIX™ Technology that enables military and commercial helicopters to safely, reliably and affordably operate autonomously.
- Silver for its Geostationary Lightning Mapper, which is the first instrument to continuously monitor lightning from space, adding precious minutes to notification times that can help save lives in the path of severe storms and tornados.
- Gold for its Spectrally Beam Combined Fiber Lasers, which combines multiple fiber-laser modules to form a single, powerful, high-quality beam that more efficiently targets security threats than existing technologies.
Read Hewson’s full remarks from the awards event here.
Established in 1987, the Edison Awards have recognized and honored some of the most innovative new products, services and business leaders in America. The Awards are named after Thomas Alva Edison and symbolize the persistence and excellence that he personified.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin