Lockheed Martin Chairman, President and CEO Marillyn Hewson accepted the 2018 Edison Achievement Award at the annual Edison Awards gala. The Edison Awards Steering Committee selected her for making a significant and lasting contribution to the world of innovation through her career, her leadership and her achievements.
“I’m humbled and I’m honored to accept this award on behalf of the 100,000 women and men of Lockheed Martin,” said Hewson. “They are the ones who have made—and will always make— our company a leader in innovation on land, at sea, in the air, in space, and in the cyber realm.”
Lockheed Martin also won three Edison “Best New Product” awards at the event:
- Gold for its Sikorsky MATRIX™ Technology that enables military and commercial helicopters to safely, reliably and affordably operate autonomously.
- Silver for its Geostationary Lightning Mapper, which is the first instrument to continuously monitor lightning from space, adding precious minutes to notification times that can help save lives in the path of severe storms and tornados.
- Gold for its Spectrally Beam Combined Fiber Lasers, which combines multiple fiber-laser modules to form a single, powerful, high-quality beam that more efficiently targets security threats than existing technologies.
Read Hewson’s full remarks from the awards event here.
Established in 1987, the Edison Awards have recognized and honored some of the most innovative new products, services and business leaders in America. The Awards are named after Thomas Alva Edison and symbolize the persistence and excellence that he personified.
- DART launches its new H130/EC130 Cable Cutter System
- Devon Air Ambulance buy Airbus H145
- Flight Safety Dept. conducts meeting on safety enhancement of helicopter operation
- Workhorse brings two-person SureFly octocopter to Manhattan public
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018