[electronic translation] DRF Luftrettung presented the new rescue helicopter “Christoph 47” at its station in Greifswald, a state-of-the-art EC 145. Harry Glawe, Minister for Economic Affairs, Labor and Health of the state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, took part in the official commissioning of the red and white Engine in the cockpit.
Greifswald. There was tense silence as visitors and station members watched for the EC 145 at 12:00. Then the rattle of the rotors was heard and the new “Christoph 47” floated in front of the hangar. After that, the official commissioning took place in the presence of the minister in the cockpit.
Dr. Peter Huber, Vorstand der DRF Luftrettung, begrüßte die Gäste im Hangar der Greifswalder Luftretter und sagte in seiner Ansprache: „Es ist unser Anspruch, uns stetig weiterzuentwickeln und in eine immer noch bessere Patientenversorgung zu investieren. Daher freuen wir uns, diesen neuen Hubschraubertyp hier in Dienst stellen zu können. Für die Piloten bringt das neue Hubschraubermuster eine Arbeitserleichterung. Der neue 3-Achsen-Autopilot und das digitale Glascockpit sorgen gerade auf längeren Flügen für Entlastung und ein Wetterradar erlaubt es, z. B. Gewitterwolken noch früher zu erkennen und umfliegen zu können. Damit gewinnen die Besatzungen zusätzlich ein höheres Maß an Sicherheit.“
In his speech, the minister underscored the important role of “Christoph 47” for the people in the region: “In Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, the rescue helicopters are indispensable because the rescue from the air can bring a decisive time advantage,” “An emergency doctor is like that quickly on site and the patient can be quickly transported to a suitable hospital. The patients benefit from this, “the minister added.
Dr. Barbara Syrbe, district administrator of the district of Vorpommern-Greifswald, and Dirk Scheer, head of the district of Vorpommern-Greifswald, department II-Social Affairs, Youth, Health, Safety and Order, underlined the important role the helicopter plays in the emergency medical care of the people living in the Region plays. Frank Ahrend, Managing Director of AOK Nordost, emphasized the many years of good cooperation with the DRF Luftrettung, while Prof. dr. med. Hahnenkamp, Director of the Department of Anaesthesiology of the University Medical Center Greifswald underlined the successful partnership between the hospital and DRF Luftrettung.
Following the presentation of the new helicopter, Drs. Huber a resuscitation device from Ulrich Wolff, CEO of the Sparkasse Vorpommern, which had financed the savings bank. He thanked him for the generous support and long-term partnership with the station. The Sparkasse already donates repeatedly a larger sum and thus shows their special attachment to the station. Dr. Huber also thanked the sponsors for which the charitable organization relies to finance their work.
The new “Christoph 47”
With 700 km, the EC 145 has a much greater range and has a higher operating speed of 254 km / h instead of 240 km / h than the previous model. In addition, it provides more space for patient care and, with improved ergonomics, better working conditions for the medical crew on board.
The air rescue station Greifswald
“Christoph 47”, the helicopter of the DRF Luftrettung staffed with a pilot, an emergency doctor and a paramedic, is operational daily from 7:00 am until sunset. He can reach places within a radius of 60 kilometers in a maximum of 15 minutes by plane. The area of application includes the counties Vorpommern-Greifswald, Vorpommern-Rügen and Mecklenburgische Seenplatte.
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Top-level appointments at Coptersafety
- Era Group and Bel Air Aviation enter teaming agreement
- Avalex video equipment picked for WPD EC135 fleet upgrade
- ForeFlight Launches Trip Assistant Door-to-Door Flight And Fuel Stop Planner