ARGUS International is proud to announce that John Illson has been promoted to Executive Vice President of Professional Resources In System Management, LLC (PRISM), a wholly-owned subsidiary of ARGUS International. In his new role, John will be responsible for providing leadership and direction for the five independent PRISM divisions that deliver multiple services to the air carrier, business aviation, helicopter and unmanned market segments.
In his prior role as Senior Vice President, Certification Services and Regulatory Assistance, Illson earned the respect from both civil aviation authorities and commercial aviation management teams. He has expanded PRISM’s suite of services to include developing the ICAO-required State Safety Programs that establish the oversight infrastructure and processes to approve and monitor certificate holders within each State. John has maintained PRISM’s FAA recognition as a qualified Certification Consultant organization, capable of preparing all documentation and manuals for an applicant to obtain a Part 121 Air Operator’s Certificate (AOC). During his 18 months in this position, John has been approved as an IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) auditor and has conducted multiple operational health checks of international air carriers and maintenance organizations, identifying opportunities for improvement in technical systems and processes.
Illson will report to Bill Yantiss, ARGUS International EVP and Chief Operating Officer. “John brings a wealth of industry and regulatory experience to the table and has earned the opportunity to take PRISM to the next level in terms of refinements to existing services and development of innovative solutions to emerging industry challenges,” said Yantiss.
“John Illson has achieved an impressive thirty-five-year track record working with business aviation, regulatory authorities, and international aviation organizations,” said Joe Moeggenberg, CEO and Founder of ARGUS International. “We are indeed fortunate to have attracted him to our executive management team.”
John has accumulated over 18,000 hours in Airbus 319/320/321, Boeing 737, Boeing 757, Boeing 767, Fokker 100, DC-9 and BAC 1-11 aircraft. He has served the international air carrier community as Assistant Director, Safety for the International Air Transport Association. During John’s subsequent assignment to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), he was responsible for oversight of six ICAO Annexes to the Chicago Convention and leadership of various projects that included revisions to the ICAO Global Aviation Safety Policy Plan (GASP), development of global aircraft tracking procedures, and implementation of safety data analysis systems used to identify trends of emerging safety issues. Further, John has extensive industry experience during assignments at the MITRE Corporation and Airlines for America.
Illson holds a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration from Georgetown University as well as two Master’s degrees from the University of Pittsburgh in Public Policy and Management (MPPM) and Business Administration (MBA).
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018
- Airbus showcases EMS capabilities at Helitech 2018
- CareFlight Celebrates 35th Anniversary