Triumph Group, Inc. (NYSE:TGI) announced today that for the second time in the last three years, its Geared Solutions business has been recognized by Lockheed Martin’s Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) as Supplier of the Year for exceptional performance and contributions to its Sikorsky helicopter company. The Park City, Utah based Geared Solutions business took this year’s honor for their development work on the S-97 Raider® gearbox.
Triumph Geared Solutions was one of seven suppliers to receive this level of recognition from Sikorsky this year. The company was recognized for working closely with Sikorsky to develop and execute a delivery schedule for key gears, housings and a fully integrated, ready to install main rotor gearbox for the S-97 Raider. These actions helped to reduce lead times in support of the aircraft’s expedited build schedule. Additional consideration was given for Triumph’s successful support of the Joint Multi Role SB>1 DEFIANT™ program, for which they are providing several key gearboxes, housings and related components.
“We are very pleased to once again be the recipient of such a prestigious honor from Sikorsky,” said Thomas Holzthum, executive vice president of Triumph Integrated Systems. “This recognition is a testament to Triumph’s ability and commitment to partner and collaborate with our customers to help them meet their most demanding challenges and requirements.”
Triumph Geared Solutions, an operating company of Triumph Integrated Systems, is a longtime Sikorsky partner, providing them with a variety of gears, shafts and housing assemblies for various platforms including the S-76® and the S-61R and CH-53 Sea Stallion spares platforms.
Triumph Group, Inc., headquartered in Berwyn, Pennsylvania, designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aircraft structures, components, accessories, subassemblies and systems. The company serves a broad, worldwide spectrum of the aviation industry, including original equipment manufacturers of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft and aircraft components, as well as commercial and regional airlines and air cargo carriers.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30