Triumph Group, Inc. (NYSE:TGI) announced today that for the second time in the last three years, its Geared Solutions business has been recognized by Lockheed Martin’s Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) as Supplier of the Year for exceptional performance and contributions to its Sikorsky helicopter company. The Park City, Utah based Geared Solutions business took this year’s honor for their development work on the S-97 Raider® gearbox.
Triumph Geared Solutions was one of seven suppliers to receive this level of recognition from Sikorsky this year. The company was recognized for working closely with Sikorsky to develop and execute a delivery schedule for key gears, housings and a fully integrated, ready to install main rotor gearbox for the S-97 Raider. These actions helped to reduce lead times in support of the aircraft’s expedited build schedule. Additional consideration was given for Triumph’s successful support of the Joint Multi Role SB>1 DEFIANT™ program, for which they are providing several key gearboxes, housings and related components.
“We are very pleased to once again be the recipient of such a prestigious honor from Sikorsky,” said Thomas Holzthum, executive vice president of Triumph Integrated Systems. “This recognition is a testament to Triumph’s ability and commitment to partner and collaborate with our customers to help them meet their most demanding challenges and requirements.”
Triumph Geared Solutions, an operating company of Triumph Integrated Systems, is a longtime Sikorsky partner, providing them with a variety of gears, shafts and housing assemblies for various platforms including the S-76® and the S-61R and CH-53 Sea Stallion spares platforms.
Triumph Group, Inc., headquartered in Berwyn, Pennsylvania, designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aircraft structures, components, accessories, subassemblies and systems. The company serves a broad, worldwide spectrum of the aviation industry, including original equipment manufacturers of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft and aircraft components, as well as commercial and regional airlines and air cargo carriers.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd