Triumph Group, Inc. (NYSE:TGI) announced today that for the second time in the last three years, its Geared Solutions business has been recognized by Lockheed Martin’s Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) as Supplier of the Year for exceptional performance and contributions to its Sikorsky helicopter company. The Park City, Utah based Geared Solutions business took this year’s honor for their development work on the S-97 Raider® gearbox.
Triumph Geared Solutions was one of seven suppliers to receive this level of recognition from Sikorsky this year. The company was recognized for working closely with Sikorsky to develop and execute a delivery schedule for key gears, housings and a fully integrated, ready to install main rotor gearbox for the S-97 Raider. These actions helped to reduce lead times in support of the aircraft’s expedited build schedule. Additional consideration was given for Triumph’s successful support of the Joint Multi Role SB>1 DEFIANT™ program, for which they are providing several key gearboxes, housings and related components.
“We are very pleased to once again be the recipient of such a prestigious honor from Sikorsky,” said Thomas Holzthum, executive vice president of Triumph Integrated Systems. “This recognition is a testament to Triumph’s ability and commitment to partner and collaborate with our customers to help them meet their most demanding challenges and requirements.”
Triumph Geared Solutions, an operating company of Triumph Integrated Systems, is a longtime Sikorsky partner, providing them with a variety of gears, shafts and housing assemblies for various platforms including the S-76® and the S-61R and CH-53 Sea Stallion spares platforms.
Triumph Group, Inc., headquartered in Berwyn, Pennsylvania, designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aircraft structures, components, accessories, subassemblies and systems. The company serves a broad, worldwide spectrum of the aviation industry, including original equipment manufacturers of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft and aircraft components, as well as commercial and regional airlines and air cargo carriers.
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province