Helicentre announced their 2019 Commercial Pilot Licence and Flight Instructor Certificate Scholarship Programmes. It’s the seventh year Helicentre have been running the highly successful programmes, which were first created to meet the company’s growing demand for suitably qualified helicopter pilots for both Commercial Air Transport and Flight Training roles.
Previous Scholarship winners have been fully or part-funded through their professional pilot training and have been given career opportunities which have led to full time employment in utility and HEMS roles as well as other sectors of the industry.
head of Training, Captain Bowen said: “Our Scholarship Programme has allowed us to identify and invest in stand-out individuals, fast-tracking them through training and into their first job. Through our Scholarship selection process we have discovered some seriously talented and motivated individuals who have grown from newly qualified pilots to industry professionals. Whilst it’s always sad to lose a great team member, we couldn’t be more delighted knowing they are out there living the dream they once only imagined possible.”
The CPL(H) Scholarship Programme is valued at a generous £55,000 and covers all post Private Pilot Licence training through to Commercial Pilot Licence status. This includes the ATPL(H) Theoretical Knowledge Course, a Robinson R44 Type Rating, hour building and the Commercial Pilot Licence Course. To be eligible for the CPL(H) scholarship, applicants must submit their application form by 31st December 2018 and obtain their PPL(H) by 30th September 2019.
The FI(H) Scholarship Programme is worth £20,000 and funds the winner through the Flight Instructor course, and includes a full-time instructing position after completing from the course.
Prospective applicants can register their interest and download the application form from: www.helicopterscholarships.com.
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province