Helicentre announced their 2019 Commercial Pilot Licence and Flight Instructor Certificate Scholarship Programmes. It’s the seventh year Helicentre have been running the highly successful programmes, which were first created to meet the company’s growing demand for suitably qualified helicopter pilots for both Commercial Air Transport and Flight Training roles.
Previous Scholarship winners have been fully or part-funded through their professional pilot training and have been given career opportunities which have led to full time employment in utility and HEMS roles as well as other sectors of the industry.
head of Training, Captain Bowen said: “Our Scholarship Programme has allowed us to identify and invest in stand-out individuals, fast-tracking them through training and into their first job. Through our Scholarship selection process we have discovered some seriously talented and motivated individuals who have grown from newly qualified pilots to industry professionals. Whilst it’s always sad to lose a great team member, we couldn’t be more delighted knowing they are out there living the dream they once only imagined possible.”
The CPL(H) Scholarship Programme is valued at a generous £55,000 and covers all post Private Pilot Licence training through to Commercial Pilot Licence status. This includes the ATPL(H) Theoretical Knowledge Course, a Robinson R44 Type Rating, hour building and the Commercial Pilot Licence Course. To be eligible for the CPL(H) scholarship, applicants must submit their application form by 31st December 2018 and obtain their PPL(H) by 30th September 2019.
The FI(H) Scholarship Programme is worth £20,000 and funds the winner through the Flight Instructor course, and includes a full-time instructing position after completing from the course.
Prospective applicants can register their interest and download the application form from: www.helicopterscholarships.com.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30