Helicentre announced their 2019 Commercial Pilot Licence and Flight Instructor Certificate Scholarship Programmes. It’s the seventh year Helicentre have been running the highly successful programmes, which were first created to meet the company’s growing demand for suitably qualified helicopter pilots for both Commercial Air Transport and Flight Training roles.
Previous Scholarship winners have been fully or part-funded through their professional pilot training and have been given career opportunities which have led to full time employment in utility and HEMS roles as well as other sectors of the industry.
head of Training, Captain Bowen said: “Our Scholarship Programme has allowed us to identify and invest in stand-out individuals, fast-tracking them through training and into their first job. Through our Scholarship selection process we have discovered some seriously talented and motivated individuals who have grown from newly qualified pilots to industry professionals. Whilst it’s always sad to lose a great team member, we couldn’t be more delighted knowing they are out there living the dream they once only imagined possible.”
The CPL(H) Scholarship Programme is valued at a generous £55,000 and covers all post Private Pilot Licence training through to Commercial Pilot Licence status. This includes the ATPL(H) Theoretical Knowledge Course, a Robinson R44 Type Rating, hour building and the Commercial Pilot Licence Course. To be eligible for the CPL(H) scholarship, applicants must submit their application form by 31st December 2018 and obtain their PPL(H) by 30th September 2019.
The FI(H) Scholarship Programme is worth £20,000 and funds the winner through the Flight Instructor course, and includes a full-time instructing position after completing from the course.
Prospective applicants can register their interest and download the application form from: www.helicopterscholarships.com.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd